News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Goodbye, Pedro.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 19, 2005, 02:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Zurtok KhanWow Rog.  Wow.

For some reason the only thing I can think of now is the song from the Lion King - "It sure feels good to be king."

Yeah, but who is going to torment the mods, now that he's gone?

Was that tormenting? I didn't even know the little fucker was Mexican. I always assumed he was Greek or Turkish.

He's Mexican, alright.

Now he's an incarcerated Mexican.
How's it looking for him :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Zurtok KhanWow Rog.  Wow.

For some reason the only thing I can think of now is the song from the Lion King - "It sure feels good to be king."

Yeah, but who is going to torment the mods, now that he's gone?

Was that tormenting? I didn't even know the little fucker was Mexican. I always assumed he was Greek or Turkish.

He's Mexican, alright.

Now he's an incarcerated Mexican.
How's it looking for him :?

I don't really know.  He was arraigned, and pled not guilty (looking for a plea, I guess), but later caused some trouble (I don't know what, exactly) at the jail, and has no visitation priveleges (except for Lawyers & Clergy...hmmmm) and he hasn't called.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

That sucks, man.  Sometimes it is best to just behave.  Once you are in jail, everything you do there is going to reflect on you.  You behave, they(tm) think you know how to behave.  You don't behave, they(tm) think you can't and really should be locked up. :evil:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyThat sucks, man.  Sometimes it is best to just behave.  Once you are in jail, everything you do there is going to reflect on you.  You behave, they(tm) think you know how to behave.  You don't behave, they(tm) think you can't and really should be locked up. :evil:

Actually, it would be better for society if he WAS locked up.

However, I am Pedro's friend, and I am NOT society's friend, so I want him out.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyThat sucks, man.  Sometimes it is best to just behave.  Once you are in jail, everything you do there is going to reflect on you.  You behave, they(tm) think you know how to behave.  You don't behave, they(tm) think you can't and really should be locked up. :evil:

You scared me there for a minute :shock: I thought THEY (tm) got to you :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

You scared me there for a minute :shock: I thought THEY (tm) got to you :twisted:

How do you know THEY(tm) didn't?

Judging from the recent face of "discordianism", I'm seriously thinking about buying into THEIR(tm) philosophy.

East Coast Hustle

uh oh...

you're not gonna tell us what real discordianism is, are you?

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kunguh oh...

you're not gonna tell us what real discordianism is, are you?

8)

Nope.  For all I know, the stuff I am complaining about IS real Discordianism(tm).

In fact, if I had to bet, I'd bet that it was.

East Coast Hustle

there is no discordianism anywhere.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kungthere is no discordianism anywhere.

8)

Sez WHO?

East Coast Hustle

no, seriously.

that's my take on it, anyway.

I don't think any of us (or anyone else, for that matter) is a "real" discordian.

we're not capable of it. it goes against human nature to be like that all the time. at best, we're blessed with the ability to occasionally see the world from that perspective, but the only people who see it like that all the time are generally locked up for being criminally insane.

whatever the discordian version of "sunday christians" is, that's what we are.

personally, I'm OK with that.

8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: T'ai Kungno, seriously.

that's my take on it, anyway.

I don't think any of us (or anyone else, for that matter) is a "real" discordian.

we're not capable of it. it goes against human nature to be like that all the time. at best, we're blessed with the ability to occasionally see the world from that perspective, but the only people who see it like that all the time are generally locked up for being criminally insane.

whatever the discordian version of "sunday christians" is, that's what we are.

personally, I'm OK with that.

8)

Troof.  I am beginning to believe that it is a failed philosophy.

I think I'll go back to just being subgenius rather than subgenius discordian.  Discordianism just mudies up a perfectly sound belief system*.

* That is, it interferes with my assholism.

Ben

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OMAssoul.

You rang?

Ben

Yes, I was just wondering if I could interest you in this spiffy new, extra-absorbant toilet paper!