News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

nit-picking

Started by East Coast Hustle, May 22, 2005, 02:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Quote from: Great Teacher Largo

I think I just thunk I was getting enlightened.

thinking? enlightenment? keep that up and the zen police will find you....sshhhhhh..

:wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Anonymous

Would you not say that a horse with blinkers is missing a part of it's ability?

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

No, but the fly bat horse cheese melon yes.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

Quote from: AnonymousWould you not say that a horse with blinkers is missing a part of it's ability?

So, O Unregistered one, are you implying that clear communication skills to transmit information with as little semantic distortion as possible is somehow considered a "disability"?

Or are you somehow compensating for dropping out of High School after huffing too much Scotch Guard?

Cf: "Creative Order", "Orderly Creation".

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

That's what I meant to type. :roll:
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

I know.  Your message was very succinct, and accurate.

Anonymous

QuoteSo, O Unregistered one, are you implying that clear communication skills to transmit information with as little semantic distortion as possible is somehow considered a "disability"?

Or are you somehow compensating for dropping out of High School after huffing too much Scotch Guard?

Cf: "Creative Order", "Orderly Creation

Yes; In the world of stupid.

Quote from: Lisa SimpsonI imply, you infer

Great Teacher Largo

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii

thinking? enlightenment? keep that up and the zen police will find you....sshhhhhh..

I had an epiphany.  There.

On an odd note, in Japanese, the construct zen-zen implies 'not at all,' such as in:

Nihon-go wa zen-zen wakarimasen

I don't understand japanese at all.

Conincidence?

Yeah, probably.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii

I had an epiphany.  There.

On an odd note, in Japanese, the construct zen-zen implies 'not at all,' such as in:

Nihon-go wa zen-zen wakarimasen

I don't understand japanese at all.

Conincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Nobody cares about the Japanese.

Not even the Japanese.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben

I think I'm turning Japanese!  I think I'm turning Japanese!  I really think so!

(that or a tumour)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OMI think I'm turning Japanese!  I think I'm turning Japanese!  I really think so!

(that or a tumour)

You'd better pray it's the second one.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Great Teacher Largo

What's up with all the Japan-bashing?  You people sound like my Grandpa's old army buddies.
"Any sufficiently tentacled spheroid is indistinguishable from the Great Cthulhu." -- Watashi

"Never attribute to Cthulhu what can adequately be explained by Dagon." -- Miskatonic Razor

"Everything but Sterility can be inherited.  None of your direct ancestors died childless." -- Red Queen

Note to filmmakers of the future: bad dialog leads to anger, bad directing leads to hatred, shallow action sequences lead to suffering. Farming out a movie to a corporation of computer animators is a path to the dark side of filmmaking.

High Inquisitor of the LMNO Society of Discordians (LSD)

It is dark.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

This Poster is Owned and Operated by the Frobozz Magic Co., Ltd.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Japanese culture was invented to amuse us stateside.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Great Teacher LargoWhat's up with all the Japan-bashing?  You people sound like my Grandpa's old army buddies.

It's not the Japanese that I hate.

It's the stupid opiez that won't SHUT THE FUCK UP about it that I hate.