News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

The Fnording of the Hemmingway

Started by the other anonymous, June 29, 2005, 06:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: the other anonymousOkay then, I'm convinced: the story is at least worth finishing.

It definately is.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

the other anonymous

Testing: ™ &tradem; é

Um... are entities recognized? At all?

Ah, screw it. I'll use them anyway.

the other anonymous

The Forgery of the Hemmingway

Identity theft is way too easy. Government, Inc. always places some backdoor into private files and RFID implants were designed to broadcast openly. Between the two, you can map an entire city's sexual history in twenty minutes without fear of arrest -- computers can't distinguish cops and theives (perhaps the only political criticism left). The only thing keeping the technology useful is secrecy; publish a backdoor and be damned.

And now I'm supposed to be a pregnant twelve-year-old blonde girl from Seattle Ltd. travelling to Canada for a quick and easy population reduction operation -- or at least that's what I overheard her and her father arguing about when I got close enough to grab the RFID signal. As far as I could tell, there was only one father in the picture. People are sick. I guess that's how civilizations degrade: they're taught how to act like monsters by their parents and no one ever teaches them otherwise. Before you know it, entire nations are enacting a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy on adolescent abortions. And, of course, it's always the parents' fault, and the parents always seek some scapegoat -- usually the very thing that is helping the child maintain some semblence of humanity.

But at least the little bags of genetically-modified P-Nuts™ are tasty.