News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

The 5 commandments of God

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, July 08, 2005, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkeyotay

you should go to MAry's Place down in Rockford this weekend...Cozmic Haze is playing and they are a good band to go see..admission is prolly only 3 bucks too

BADGE OF HONOR

Okay...it's only a couple thousand miles away.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodI don't worship Eris.  She died with her people millenia ago, and to revive her smacks of neo-paganism (ugh).

Neo-Paganism is worshipping Pagan gods as a reaction against Christianity. I worship Pagan gods because they are real

QuoteBut the principle is the same.  God shouldn't be trusted to do what you want, just because you've been good.  That leads to a dependence, which leads to expectations, which leads to the inevitable, "Why!!!" when things go wrong.  The real why is, God might not even exist, and if He* does, you'd better not get his attention, cause he's just as likely to kick you in the ass as to pat you on the head and give you a lolly.  
I'm so sick of these people who depend on their God to do all their thinking for them.  They've got a Bible (or whatever) quote for everything, an aphorism to apply to each situation, and a treachant mindset like a groove in titanium steel.  Righteousness replaces thinking.  Why bother thinking for themselves when they've had people to do it for them for thousands of years?  

While deities and magic are a crucial part of my life, relying on them for everything is utterly stupid. You can't trust most deities as far as you can throw them. Even the straight-acting ones like Zeus and Odin and YHWH and Quexlcoatl usually have an agenda. The human brain is wired towards superstition and idealism and creating non-existent patterns and Gods and rituals to help them get through drudgery. It's best to accept this and use it to your advantage, but just because flowers grow from beautiful bullshit, doesn't mean you should cover yourself in so much bullshit that you can't see the sky.

Xian literalists don't believe that there is one angry bearded God who lives in the sky with bird people in a golden palace who either lets people live with him or tosses them into a lake of fire inhabited by goat people, and that the King James Bible is the literal word of this God because they are fools, they do it because in their reality, that is what's real. And people like Nietzsche, Hegel, Marx, Engels, and Bakunin didn't reject everything but the material world and proclaim God to be dead because they were cranks, but because in their reality, that is what was real. (Of course, in my reality, they are fools and cranks, but no more foolish or cranky than me)

QuoteBut enough complaining.  After all, God will sort them out in the end.  If there is a god.  Atheism is boring, though, so I might as well as believe in something.

Now that, I agree with. Atheism and Monotheism both seem pretty dull to me. I try to make my reality as exciting as possible.

QuoteI proclaim myself the rabid badger of God. Guard your ankles well.

Will do.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell
QuoteBut enough complaining.  After all, God will sort them out in the end.  If there is a god.  Atheism is boring, though, so I might as well as believe in something.

Now that, I agree with. Atheism and Monotheism both seem pretty dull to me. I try to make my reality as exciting as possible.
Yeah, that's what works for me. I don't even stick to one pantheon, though my favorites are the greek bunch and the norse lot. :)
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Verthaine

There is but one True Multiversal Source,and that is Chaos.Chaos is refered to as Eris or Discordia by risian/Discordians. She is refered to by other names by beings al over the multiverse according to their local customs.
All other Gods and Goddesses are only aspects of Chaos,Which we call Eris. They only in to places: in a state of potentia(within the realm of possibilities,] and in the mind of the believer. Chaos is the only thing that is True. Everything is an apsect of Chaos.
Zeus couldn't blow his nose without Eris's permission.
Nor can any of the so called  other gods and goddessess
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: erisi do not give permission for anything, for I am not your master. Know that you are free,andyou do not need my permission to be so either.
Hell is other people.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodOh, stop lecturing.

Verthaine doesn't lecture. He just politely informs you of the 100 percent truth.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Horab Fibslager

Verthaine doesn't lecture. He just politely informs you of the 100 percent truth.
adn as usual, i respectfulyl disagree, to one extent or another.
Hell is other people.

Verthaine

Quote from: 1969

adn as usual, i respectfulyl disagree, to one extent or another.
RBOG,I don't remember putting a blaster to your head and forcing you to read what I wrote.I must have been under the mistaken notion that anyone here has the right to to write about how they view the Eris,not Just Rabid Badgers.
I also noticed you didn't refute anything I wrote.You didn't disagree withyu anything.You just basically told me to "SHUT THE FUCK UP"(just a little more politely and with less caps).

Now,I can take the middle road and only post safe,harmless drivel,you know,the type of drivel that won't challenge yous mind,spirit,or belief system,as per your instructions.
Or I can take the low road and say:
And I quote:
Quote from: Vincent Sebastian VerthaineFUCK YOU,BE-YATCH!!WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ANYONE ON THIS FORUM THEY CAN'T EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS ON THIS FORUM.
I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A RABID BADGER,WOLVERINE,OR ALPACA.COME DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS,FIND THE ONLY BLACK OWNED CREOLE RESURANT IN THE FRENCH QUARTER,ASK FOR VINCENT AND MAKE ME "STOP LECTURING".
AND IF YOU DO,I'LL BREAK YOU LIKE A WEDDING VOW MADE ON THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW!!!!

And since I am a devout erisian,I could take the high road and just forget this ever happens.

Which road should I take,and which road will I take.

Now to C_S_F.
Thank you bro.If what I post is the TRUTH ,then I hope poeple will learn.If I am wrong,I hope people will correct me.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

LMNO

::ponders the name of the only black-owned creole restaurant in New Orleans::

Donkeyotay

if I am ever in Nawlins again I will definitely pay a visit! WHats the name?

LMNO

I suppose we'll have to start guessing...

Is it Oliviers?

gnimbley

Is Oliviers in the French Quarter? Because he said French Quarter, not
New Orleans. I imagine there are a wee bit of creole restaurants in
NO that are not in the FQ.

Just sayin'

DJRubberducky

My first two Google hits for "french quarter creole restaurant" were Tujague's and Olivier's.  Have fun. :)
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.