News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

The 5 commandments of God

Started by BADGE OF HONOR, July 08, 2005, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I  YOU SHALL SUFFER, PUNY MORTAL
II  ENJOY YOURSELF, WHILE YOU STILL CAN
III  JUST DON'T GET TOO COMPLACENT
IV  THINK FOR YOURSELF!
V  I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAY.
[/b]

I don't worship Eris.  She died with her people millenia ago, and to revive her smacks of neo-paganism (ugh).  But the principle is the same.  God shouldn't be trusted to do what you want, just because you've been good.  That leads to a dependence, which leads to expectations, which leads to the inevitable, "Why!!!" when things go wrong.  The real why is, God might not even exist, and if He* does, you'd better not get his attention, cause he's just as likely to kick you in the ass as to pat you on the head and give you a lolly.  
I'm so sick of these people who depend on their God to do all their thinking for them.  They've got a Bible (or whatever) quote for everything, an aphorism to apply to each situation, and a treachant mindset like a groove in titanium steel.  Righteousness replaces thinking.  Why bother thinking for themselves when they've had people to do it for them for thousands of years?  
But enough complaining.  After all, God will sort them out in the end.  If there is a god.  Atheism is boring, though, so I might as well as believe in something.

I proclaim myself the rabid badger of God.  Guard your ankles well.

*Does gender apply to deities?  "God" and "He" are shorter to type than "Goddess" and "She", plus I don't want any of you getting the wrong idea.  I guess I could say It.  Bah.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

I welcome the rabid badger of God, and offer my ankles willingly.

Plus, she's cute as hell, which never hurts (unless you ask nicely).

Horab Fibslager

excelent peice kem. may i put this inteh book of ripoff?
Hell is other people.

Verthaine

Quote from: Wenchmaster KI  YOU SHALL SUFFER, PUNY MORTAL
II  ENJOY YOURSELF, WHILE YOU STILL CAN
III  JUST DON'T GET TOO COMPLACENT
IV  THINK FOR YOURSELF!
V  I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAY.
[/b]

I don't worship Eris.  She died with her people millenia ago, and to revive her smacks of neo-paganism (ugh).  But the principle is the same.  God shouldn't be trusted to do what you want, just because you've been good.  That leads to a dependence, which leads to expectations, which leads to the inevitable, "Why!!!" when things go wrong.  The real why is, God might not even exist, and if He* does, you'd better not get his attention, cause he's just as likely to kick you in the ass as to pat you on the head and give you a lolly.  
I'm so sick of these people who depend on their God to do all their thinking for them.  They've got a Bible (or whatever) quote for everything, an aphorism to apply to each situation, and a treachant mindset like a groove in titanium steel.  Righteousness replaces thinking.  Why bother thinking for themselves when they've had people to do it for them for thousands of years?  
But enough complaining.  After all, God will sort them out in the end.  If there is a god.  Atheism is boring, though, so I might as well as believe in something.

I proclaim myself the rabid badger of God.  Guard your ankles well.

*Does gender apply to deities?  "God" and "He" are shorter to type than "Goddess" and "She", plus I don't want any of you getting the wrong idea.  I guess I could say It.  Bah.

Eris wasn't revived,because chaos never died.  tMal-2 and Omar did update her though. The taoists where discordians,just under a different name.Eris is the "Mysterious Woman of the Valley"written about in the "Tao Te ChingThey had something like taoism in mind,rather then just the usual neo-pagan revivalism.How you veiw the Supreme Multiversal Oneness Is between you and the Supreme Multiversal Oneness.I have aleays had a very intense love affair with Eris.I can match any xtian in having the" fire inside".
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

BADGE OF HONOR

Thanks, Horab.  God wouldn't leave me alone last night till I wrote this shit down.

It's all about names, Verthaine.  To me, Eris is Eris, Greek Goddes of Chaos, She what started the Trojan War.  And since neo-pagans are my divine enemies, I won't do anything that faintly resembles their pathetic whinings.  I think the Jews had it right, God's pretty damn inexpressible and shouldn't be named.  Not that it stops me from blaspheming all the time, God damn it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

"God damn it" seems to be more of a request than a blaspheme...

BADGE OF HONOR

Taking God's name in vain?  Calling upon Him for totally useless shit?  Attracting His attention when you don't really want it?  Sounds pretty blasphemous to me.

LMNO

Ok then.

If the Badger speaks, the Badger speaks wisdom.

hooplala

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodTaking God's name in vain?  Calling upon Him for totally useless shit?  Attracting His attention when you don't really want it?  Sounds pretty blasphemous to me.

A good god would always have time for his or her subjects.  If a god is truly omnipotent then he or she should always have plenty of time for eveything.

Assuming you are wasting a god's time is to underestimate their powers.

At least, that's how I see it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

Didn't I just say God shouldn't be trusted?  Sure, I can pray to Him, if I want to risk getting shouted at.  Or worse.  God should be a last resort, not a means to an end.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

HOLY SHIT!! A TALKING BADGER!!!

BADGE OF HONOR

RRRAGGH, I SNACK UPON YOUR TOES.

Horab Fibslager

hmm, suddenyl reminded of a certain inn located in the illian of wheel of time books.

...easing the badger.

maybe it was a portent. :mrgreen:

i say god damnit, because being wise, i know nto to call unwanted attention tomyself from She Who smacked down heathen troy.
Hell is other people.

BADGE OF HONOR

Well, hell.  I never should have opened my big mouth.  I have been given two slaps upside the head in the space of half an hour...

Horab Fibslager

did flatware fly out of the shelving?

cuz that happened to me once, right after prayer. man that sucked.
Hell is other people.