News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

What's In A Name?

Started by hooplala, July 11, 2005, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Raz Tech on May 24, 2014, 02:06:28 AM
Pleased to meet you.

I do what I can.  I'm guessing that that's not the norm?

Sadly, it really isn't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Raz Tech

Pæs

I like this new person.

Read some of the threads in which we are terrible to new people and you will quickly understand the tropes we furiously pounce on. This is the best advice a new person can have.

Even if you don't read these and accidentally start a conversation about the intersection between free will, Roger's mindlazors and marijuana legalisation, we're pretty forgiving if you de-escalate from screeching well.

Now that I've framed your welcome in terms of 'how not to get shouted at' and made us sound terrible... HI!

The Good Reverend Roger

Pleased to meet you.

It's the norm for regulars.  We have an alarming rate of new people who can't keep a thought together for one sentence.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on May 26, 2014, 05:31:09 AM
I like this new person.

Read some of the threads in which we are terrible to new people and you will quickly understand the tropes we furiously pounce on. This is the best advice a new person can have.

Even if you don't read these and accidentally start a conversation about the intersection between free will, Roger's mindlazors and marijuana legalisation, we're pretty forgiving if you de-escalate from screeching well.

Now that I've framed your welcome in terms of 'how not to get shouted at' and made us sound terrible... HI!

It turns out that I am Nigel, so I am SO NOT RESPONSIBLE for mind-lazor shenanigans.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2014, 05:36:25 AM
I like this new person.

It turns out that I am Nigel, so I am SO NOT RESPONSIBLE for mind-lazor shenanigans.

Yeah, discovering that I'm a mid-40's Tuscon resident has really shifted my perspective.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 26, 2014, 07:13:11 AM
I like this new person.

Yeah, discovering that I'm a mid-40's Tuscon resident has really shifted my perspective.

PROTIP:  Your back hair can be used to store tools and various impliments of mayhem.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:32:48 PM
I like this new person.

PROTIP:  Your back hair can be used to store tools and various impliments of mayhem.

Duly noted! Problem being, whenever I go outside without a shirt on people keep yelling "Sasquatch!" and trying to photograph me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 03:43:32 PM
I like this new person.

Duly noted! Problem being, whenever I go outside without a shirt on people keep yelling "Sasquatch!" and trying to photograph me.

And when I go outside without a shirt on, 40 year old virgins (regardless of their actual age) find reasons to brush up against me.  So I kill them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:45:32 PM
I like this new person.

And when I go outside without a shirt on, 40 year old virgins (regardless of their actual age) find reasons to brush up against me.  So I kill them.

Now you know.

Junkenstein

Pleased to meet you.

Add me to the welcome wagon. You've set a high standard for yourself. Keep that up, it's quite refreshing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 27, 2014, 06:55:16 PM
Pleased to meet you.

Add me to the welcome wagon. You've set a high standard for yourself. Keep that up, it's quite refreshing.

I was actually going to greet you in kind, with a thoughtful response to one of your posts, then it just seemed easier to do it this way.  Hello there!  We like you, and that is all kinds of positively surprising.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 03:46:59 PM
I like this new person.

Now you know.

I shoulda done this YEARS ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2014, 04:00:02 AM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 03:46:59 PM
I like this new person.

Now you know.

I shoulda done this YEARS ago.

:lulz: