News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Font Request for Help

Started by the other anonymous, July 15, 2005, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the other anonymous

Quote from: synaptyxI have the original .EPS if you want that, or I can do you a high rez jpg/png/whatever.

[huge Dobbs head snipped]

Yes yes EPS!
My reply is a haiku
I am not sure why

LMNO

Quote from: the other anonymous
Quote from: DiLcould use it as some kind of biohazrd warning as in warning eristic materials contained. stick that on containers would be a good mindfuck and pretty too

Psychohazard. (I also have a glyph for Memetically Active.)

http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/

"Psychohazard".

Oh, a new LMNO-PI chapter is approaching...

gnimbley

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: DiLcould use it as some kind of biohazrd warning as in warning eristic materials contained. stick that on containers would be a good mindfuck and pretty too

"Psychohazard".

::awaits breathlessly::

Buddha's Ghost Penis

PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I AM A TROLL!
WHY DID YOU BAN ME!?!?!

the other anonymous

Quote from: Buddha's Ghost PenisPAY ATTENTION TO ME! I AM A TROLL!

Amateur. This is how you troll:

Quote from: gnimbley

"Psychohazard".

::wonders why his thread has been turned into the official thread for cryptic references to vapor-ware updates to an overly-long fanfic about a bunch of losers who live on the spilt-blood of third-world children::

the other anonymous

Quote from: synaptyxA couple of observasions, if I may be so bold:

While:

=Classy.

There are a couple of things that don't seem right.

And you may be right about all of them. I was working off of a very bad scan of the Principia and guessed at alot of stuff. I know for sure I'm missing circles. I'll try to revise it if someone posts a better scan.

Okay, so I'll revise it anyway. And, upon careful examination, I believe this is a faithful reproduction:

Shibboleet The Annihilator

"Psychohazard".

::wonders why his thread has been turned into the official thread for cryptic references to vapor-ware updates to an overly-long fanfic about a bunch of losers who live on the spilt-blood of third-world children::
:lol:

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Get your hot tasty Dobbs and Eris-modern EPS files here! This one's a little RAW geddit!? And what discordian font would be complete without a scrid, oh and a couple of thornleys: 1 | 2?

I realise some of these may not be practical, they were just for fun. ;)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

"Psychohazard".

Don't give the ending away yet...

nurbldoff

Some old cliparty things I've got lying around, that might as well come to some use if you want 'em:

Never get tired of the old golden apple...

Two variations on the same idea I made a while ago.

A version of the Elder Sign. It's a manual trace of a scanned image so I guess it should be OK even though the design is not mine. Not entirely Erisian of course, but still a neat symbol if you ask me.

I'll put up svg and/or eps files for all of the above somewhere Real Soon Now.[/url]
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

JESUS'S SPECTRAL TESTICLE

love teh grenades! fxing awesome!

the other anonymous

Quote from: synaptyxI realise some of these may not be practical, they were just for fun. ;)

Practical? Pfffffftt!! I'm sitting around the house messing around with PostScript instead of finding a job to pay off student loans. Do you really think I care about practical? :P

I love them all! Just a question: what's up with eris-modern's hand? The one holding the apple appears to be mis-oriented, like she's the Amazing Jonathan doing card tricks against a black curtain.  Can I get the original image you "stole" from so I can attempt to correct the hand myself?

nurbldoff: Grenades! Apple! Elder! Oooh, I can't wait for the EPS and/or SVG!

Everyone: here's what I have so far (with the exception of all the cool new stuff just posted that hasn't been added yet because it was just posted). As you can see, I'm trying for: all upper-case letters are apples, lower-case are pentagons. So what I really want are fancy pentagon designs and a few more apples. (I'll be encoding the grenades into the upper-half instead of making them upper-case letters, but only because they're cool.)

Ideally, I'd like the lower half (32-126) to be all font-type stuff (simplistic designs that actually look like they belong in a font) and the upper half to be all art stuff (like the apostles).

nurbldoff

The "season-aftermath" symbol looks almost like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation... that might be a fun symbol to throw in anyway :)

The font looks very neat! I'm going to try and get svg versions of my stuff uploaded to the open clipart place tonight (might as well support that effort too :) ... have you looked through it for suitable stuff btw? It's a bit disorganized) Can you handle the conversion to eps from there? Otherwise I can put up eps versions somewhere else.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: synaptyxI realise some of these may not be practical, they were just for fun. ;)

Practical? Pfffffftt!! I'm sitting around the house messing around with PostScript instead of finding a job to pay off student loans. Do you really think I care about practical? :P

I love them all! Just a question: what's up with eris-modern's hand? The one holding the apple appears to be mis-oriented, like she's the Amazing Jonathan doing card tricks against a black curtain.  Can I get the original image you "stole" from so I can attempt to correct the hand myself?
Aye. I know its fecked, I'm not good with hands. This is the original I worked it from.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

The font is looking fantastic. It's really great to see things coming together. How about chucking in some of the stamps? "DO NOT PULL ON YELLOW TIP"etc? :)