News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Font Request for Help

Started by the other anonymous, July 15, 2005, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurbldoff

Anon: I wasn't offended at all, if it seemed like it. The fact that I personally don't care very much what format I use doesn't mean I can't see your reasons. I'm a (dormant) hobby programmer myself and I can appreciate your arguments on a philisophical level. If I had reason to really get into the formats themselves I might even have an opinion, but right now all I care about is that they're open and of course that they can handle the stuff I want to do. :)

Your comments intrigued me though, maybe I'll even take a closer look at how svg and eps works.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

the other anonymous

Quote from: nurbldoffAnon: I wasn't offended at all, if it seemed like it. The fact that I personally don't care very much what format I use doesn't mean I can't see your reasons. I'm a (dormant) hobby programmer myself and I can appreciate your arguments on a philisophical level. If I had reason to really get into the formats themselves I might even have an opinion, but right now all I care about is that they're open and of course that they can handle the stuff I want to do. :)

Your comments intrigued me though, maybe I'll even take a closer look at how svg and eps works.

It didn't seem like that; and, reading back over everything because I forgot what I was talking about, it seemed like I was offended, which I wasn't.

Frankly, I don't like complaining about stuff for days at a time. True complaining should be done all at once in a big long post. (Or is that ranting?)

So, I'm dropping the entire issue because I stopped caring about my crazy notions of how things should be.

One final word, though: never, ever, for the love of god, you must care about this, the fate of your soul is at stake, do not, under any circumstances, in any universe, at any time, make a TrueType font! CUBIC BEZIERS ARE EVIL!!! THE B-SPLINES MUST BE RESISTED!!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE, USE TWO CONTROL POINTS!

All your quadratics are belong to everyone.

nurbldoff

You rant pretty well for a non-ranter, although I think you're still far too brief :)

Aaanyway, I had some trouble with openclipart.org, something was definitely up (or down) with their server. It's working now though and my submissions should be available as:

http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/kallisti-grenade_1_nurbl_01.svg
http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/kallisti-grenade_2_nurbl_01.svg
http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/eris_apple_nurbldoff_01.svg
http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/elder_sign_nubldoff_01.svg
http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/reincarnate_nurbldoff_01.svg

The "incoming" stuff in the links lead me to believe that the URL:s will change at some point, but we'll see.

the other anonymous

Quote from: nurbldoffThe "incoming" stuff in the links lead me to believe that the URL:s will change at some point, but we'll see.

You are correct. I managed to get the "K" grenade and the apple. Both grenades came through as the "K" grenade and the other two are 0 bytes.

When I went to check on the website, the incoming links on the side were all 404.

I'll keep trying. They've gotta be somewhere...

the other anonymous

Okay, now that we've gotten that all dealt with...

What I'm looking for right now is:

Apples - apple designs (with or without "K" or "KALLISTI" and with or without an actual apple; c.f. the grenades)

Pentagons - Arty creative stuff, like a pentagon-star design made out of pentagons:

Before you post an image, be warned: I probably have it already. ;)

I still need about 10 apples and six pentagons. After that, I release the first version. Yay!

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I don't have anything that will curve the text, I submit the above as a rough. ;)
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

the other anonymous

Wow! That pic is da b-- [shoots self in foot for even thinking about saying it]

Uncurved text is fine.

Does it come in SVG or EPS?

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

right click - save as I made the text part of the eps, the one above was slapped on top.

BADGE OF HONOR

Wow!  You got a condom for that thing?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Ooh, I meant to do this earlier. This is the scan of the pentafive thing click from the loompanics edition.

nurbldoff

Syn, way to make my grenades look silly :D

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

:lol: Well, you know, penis envy... ;) :P

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Wrecking Ball:

EPS
The church image is seperate to the wrecking ball. The idea just amused me. ;)

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: synaptyx

I don't have anything that will curve the text, I submit the above as a rough. ;)

Heh, that's pretty cool.