News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

discordianism is

Started by hwmdf, July 30, 2005, 02:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the other anonymous

Quote from: a clockwork appleof corus ei tmay have had soemthign to do with th elack of questions or relvance to granfaloon. wtf si a granfaloon? those were teh first thoughts the creepedinto my skull when reading the book. and then it explained it to me. i don't beleive in such conveniences, so i left it without explanation, intentionally, because i figured, these fine folks, will not merely assume i made thsi word up, they will omg googgle it!

instead ppl wriote about what discordianism is or isn't like it's soem kind of fucking word game. no offense people, but this wasn't a fucking debate on discordianism, it was an introduction to granfaloons, and the insanely obsessive human compulsion to be apart of one at all motherfuckign costs.

I looked it up! :x I found out it didn't mean anything (a group with no actual meaning or purpose) and posted something meaningless! What was I supposed to do? Get upset and defend this granfaloon unto the death? :roll: :P

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: a clockwork apple
instead ppl wriote about what discordianism is or isn't like it's soem kind of fucking word game. no offense people, but this wasn't a fucking debate on discordianism, it was an introduction to granfaloons, and the insanely obsessive human compulsion to be apart of one at all motherfuckign costs.

Sorry man, I thought it was a word you made up or one or your horable typoes, hehehe :P

LMNO

Eldora doesn't read Kurt Vonnegut?

Weird.  He seems like he'd be your type, El.

Quote from: LMNOEldora doesn't read Kurt Vonnegut?

Weird.  He seems like he'd be your type, El.
You know what?  I don't think I ever read anything of his :? Any opinion of a good book to start with?  My hubby just got a crappy job he hates, so I can probably afford to buy a book without starting a fight :lol:

edit:  I am considered well read among people who aren't, but here, not so much :P  :lol:

LMNO

Cat's Cradle
&
Slaughterhouse Five

also:

Welcome to the Monkeyhouse
Mother Night
Deadeye Dick
Breakfast of Champions
Sirens of Titan

Iron Sulfide

i'm reading breakfast of champions right now.

love the illustrations
Ya' stupid Yank.

LMNO

Another satisfied customer!

Also El, you'll be happy to know that most of his books are short, and have been in print so long, that they're only about 7-10 bucks!

Quote from: LMNOAnother satisfied customer!

Also El, you'll be happy to know that most of his books are short, and have been in print so long, that they're only about 7-10 bucks!

Cool!  I may go to Border's tomorrow.  Coffee and books, two of my favorite things.  I think my son needs a new book, maybe I'll take him with me, if I'm feeling brave enough :?

hooplala

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy...is the reason fish don't need bicycles. :P

I happened to be very good friends with a fish named Johnson P. Porkhammer, and all the poor bastard cared about was getting a ten speed bike with a basket on the back.  He saved all the apple and pear cores he could find for the better part of three years and finally took them in to be traded for the bike, and got it (glittering red with streamers from the handlebars) but found to his utter dismay that his fins wouldn't reach the pedals.

Don't need bicycles?  Don't make me laugh.

Johnson would still be a friend of mine today if that fucking bike had fit.

Sturgeons have feelings too, you know.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

if you're stocking up on Vonnegut, make sure to get "Galapagos"

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I knew I forgot a good one.