News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

ARISE, PEOPLE OF PD.COM! OVERTHROW THE MODZ!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 10, 2005, 03:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: East Coast Hustlethat forum, however, doesn't claim to be a "discordian" forum. in fact, it is specifically NOT a discordian forum. for normal forums, modding when a post is totally off-topic is perfectly acceptable. For a forum that claims to be a discordian forum ,the very idea of even HAVING moderators is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

8)
I was talking about another one, one of the ones where he had a hissy fit and picked up his rants and went home.

he should have modded that palce right out of existance.

bunch of ungrateful philistines.

8)

Naw.  Unlike certain mods, I do not see the need to destroy or alter anything substantial.

Even Hugh's, though this whole concept is obviously alien to him.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Verthaine

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

1.  I don't wish to replace the mods...I'd like to see the concept abolished.

2.  You're one to talk about vanity, Verthaine.  But no, that's not what this is about.

Let me reprint what you initially  wrote.
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFor too long have we endured their arrogance!  For too long have we endured their penchant for altering posts!  FOR TOO LONG HAVE WE SUFFERED THEIR INTRUSIONS INTO OUR PRIVACY!

Rise up!  Overthrow these pixillated tyrants!  Down with Saint Trinian's Sewing Society, and all their wicked ways!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
\

Heres what I wrote in return

Quote from: VerthaineHistorically speaking,WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS,of course,those who call for and lead a Revolution generally become even worse tyrants then then the overthrown.
Is this Revolution being called for the betterment of HUMANITY(of at least all the members of this forum commitee),oror is it for the  betterment of someones VANITY.
What reassurences are we getting that things won't get worse if we "overthrow the mods".
And what do I get out of it if I join in.Where's my cut?I am always a valueable asset to have in any revolution. As long as I feel the revoution is done for the right reasons.And I'm not to sure this one is(I've learned long time ago to trust my insticts)
I have nothing against the mods and I admit I am quite fond of a number of them.
If there are greviences against the mods I suggest we air them out and debate on it as a community.(Little something called "democracy)Then we all vote as to whether or not a regime change is necessary.

Or you can always make your own forum.
Much love and respect to you Brother Roger,but I need better convincing then this.
Again I ask,personal attacks aside,
QuoteWhat reassurences are we getting that things won't get worse if we "overthrow the mods".
If any what I wrote above is in error,please point out what and explain why,I'm man enough to accept it.
You called for the "over throw of the pixilated  tyrants".Which is your right. I and anyone else on this board has the right to ask "WHY".
I stand by everthing I wrote.

Just because I'm "vain',doesn't mean I am not correct.
Besides,it isn't vanity if you can back it up.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

East Coast Hustle

if you have to ask why the concept of moderators on a discordian forum is repugnant, then perhaps you should reconsider your choice of pseudo-religions.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Verthaine

Quote from: East Coast Hustleif you have to ask why the concept of moderators on a discordian forum is repugnant, then perhaps you should reconsider your choice of pseudo-religions.

8)
Show me anywhere in the PD.,BOE,or any Discordian Holy book that says we have to hold any form of order as "repugnant". Show me anywhere in those books that says I have to do anything,think anything,or say anything I don't want to .
All I ask is that we debate whether or not mods is needed.I will not fall in lockstep with anyones personall vendettas.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Many of the books Verthaine talks about have the balance of order and disorder in them.  As the disorder increased on this board, The Mgt decided to add more order in the form of Moderators.  This is the way I have heard this story.  I am curious why Turd of the many names who does not believe in Eris is asking Verthaine of many dimensions to justify his faith, this makes no sense to me :?

_____

_____

Cain

LMNO

Wow.  The bad old days; how I don't miss them...

East Coast Hustle

hey, it's not often somebody bumps an old thread in which:

1) I have posted

and

2) I don't cringe now when I read what I posted back then.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 27, 2008, 08:22:10 PM
Wow.  The bad old days; how I don't miss them...

Yep.  Remember when Lauren banned me for "being too chaotic"?   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy on August 10, 2005, 09:02:37 PM
Quote from: VerthaineHistorically speaking,WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS,of course,those who call for and lead a Revolution generally become even worse tyrants then then the overthrown.
Is this Revolution being called for the betterment of HUMANITY(of at least all the members of this forum commitee),oror is it for the  betterment of someones VANITY.

Roger and I have other forum memberships in common.  I believe I have the distinction of being the only person who annoyed him enough to be modded :twisted: He deleted a couple of posts that didn't fit in with his ideas for HIS subforum.  They were just for fun polls, which apparently he hates, who knew :? I suspect you may be right in this case :lol:

I'd actually forgotten about this monolithic piece of shit.

BADGE OF HONOR

It's an eldora post so I probably never read it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cain

I just want the people of PD.com to arise, throw off their shackes and overthrow the mods.

hooplala

I would, if I could overcome my incredible apathy.

:kingmeh:

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Payne

I'm going to vote for Hillary for the new modz position.

There's a man who can get things DONE.