News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

ARISE, PEOPLE OF PD.COM! OVERTHROW THE MODZ!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 10, 2005, 03:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellA billion percent owned.

That's what YOU think.

TGRR,
Knows something that you and Donk don't know.
You make that sound special :roll:  :lol:

Anonymous

and then let's all go over here and overthrow the modz at this place.

http://kaegogi.net/forums/index.php

Verthaine

Historically speaking,WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS,of course,those who call for and lead a Revolution generally become even worse tyrants then then the overthrown.
Is this Revolution being called for the betterment of HUMANITY(of at least all the members of this forum commitee),oror is it for the  betterment of someones VANITY.
What reassurences are we getting that things won't get worse if we "overthrow the mods".
And what do I get out of it if I join in.Where's my cut?I am always a valueable asset to have in any revolution. As long as I feel the revoution is done for the right reasons.And I'm not to sure this one is(I've learned long time ago to trust my insticts)
I have nothing against the mods and I admit I am quite fond of a number of them.
If there are greviences against the mods I suggest we air them out and debate on it as a community.(Little something called "democracy)Then we all vote as to whether or not a regime change is necessary.

Or you can always make your own forum.
Much love and respect to you Brother Roger,but I need better convincing then this.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

Quote from: VerthaineHistorically speaking,WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS,of course,those who call for and lead a Revolution generally become even worse tyrants then then the overthrown.
Is this Revolution being called for the betterment of HUMANITY(of at least all the members of this forum commitee),oror is it for the  betterment of someones VANITY.

Roger and I have other forum memberships in common.  I believe I have the distinction of being the only person who annoyed him enough to be modded :twisted: He deleted a couple of posts that didn't fit in with his ideas for HIS subforum.  They were just for fun polls, which apparently he hates, who knew :? I suspect you may be right in this case :lol:

East Coast Hustle

that forum, however, doesn't claim to be a "discordian" forum. in fact, it is specifically NOT a discordian forum. for normal forums, modding when a post is totally off-topic is perfectly acceptable. For a forum that claims to be a discordian forum ,the very idea of even HAVING moderators is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anonymous

Isn't the Discordian forum a disgusting thing in itself?

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: East Coast Hustlethat forum, however, doesn't claim to be a "discordian" forum. in fact, it is specifically NOT a discordian forum. for normal forums, modding when a post is totally off-topic is perfectly acceptable. For a forum that claims to be a discordian forum ,the very idea of even HAVING moderators is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

8)

IAWTC
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Quote from: East Coast Hustlethat forum, however, doesn't claim to be a "discordian" forum. in fact, it is specifically NOT a discordian forum. for normal forums, modding when a post is totally off-topic is perfectly acceptable. For a forum that claims to be a discordian forum ,the very idea of even HAVING moderators is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

8)
I was talking about another one, one of the ones where he had a hissy fit and picked up his rants and went home.

Iron Sulfide

i still think that evolving is more important than revolving, but i'm
willing to accept that i may be wrong on that.

i haven't seen evidence to convince me that i should change my mind.

mods or no mods, this place is no better or worse than any other place,
with any other mods or lack thereof, tyranny or no. it's just niched for a
certain interest (i.e. discordianism.)

you ideas as a whole, rog, are awesome, viable, cogent, inspiring and
inspired ideas. and i salute you as few as there are that i would salute.
but my upward spiral is more important [for me] than a flame war.

there are no problems we do not want, else we would not have them, or
we would just solve them. as long as you understand and accept that,
as a person you should create/solve as many problems as you want or need.
but why would you complain about that?

anyways, i may have gone onan obtuse tangent there, but whatever.

pax,
Jestus Rex
Ya' stupid Yank.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anonymousand then let's all go over here and overthrow the modz at this place.

http://kaegogi.net/forums/index.php

Hell, yes.

However, we only accept people who have the balls to post regged, in this revolution.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: VerthaineHistorically speaking,WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS,of course,those who call for and lead a Revolution generally become even worse tyrants then then the overthrown.

Roger and I have other forum memberships in common.  I believe I have the distinction of being the only person who annoyed him enough to be modded :twisted: He deleted a couple of posts that didn't fit in with his ideas for HIS subforum.  They were just for fun polls, which apparently he hates, who knew :? I suspect you may be right in this case :lol:

Get over yourself.  I moved and/or deleted 3 posts which didn't belong in a subforum.  I would have done the same to anyone.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

8)
I was talking about another one, one of the ones where he had a hissy fit and picked up his rants and went home.

Was that the one where you board-nannied?

Oh, sorry, that's EVERYTHING.

The Good Reverend Roger

1.  I don't wish to replace the mods...I'd like to see the concept abolished.

2.  You're one to talk about vanity, Verthaine.  But no, that's not what this is about.

East Coast Hustle

8)

he should have modded that palce right out of existance.

bunch of ungrateful philistines.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"