News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Bitching and Moaning - Ranting for the Helluvit

Started by Zurtok Khan, August 14, 2005, 07:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
-Buddha

Bitching and moaning seems to be a favorite pasttime around here.  There is always something to complain about (including people complaining!).  It's easy to find things to complain about.  Sometimes it's even fun.  But, it doesn't get you anywhere.  Unless you'd like to become some bitter hopeless person sitting in their mother's basement wearing all black and listening to Dashboard Confessional.

Emo, ladies and gents, is not a joke.  It is real.  All the bitching and moaning and yelling and screaming going on around here is Hardcore Emo.  You're all being the fucking Emo OpieZ you joke about.  Or, at least thats what you choose to do around here.  I hope for your sakes you're different people in the world where you actually have to get along with people or get fucked up (being a jackass online proves nothing when theres a thousand miles between two people, being a jackass to someone's face like you do here will get you fucked up or thrown in jail).

I'm fairly sure that you all know this anyway.  I'm just blowing smoke.  You know it, but you don't want to admit it.  Or, maybe you feel that being a jackass to people can make up for some insecurity you have (the Scrid confided in me the other day that Hugh has a small pecker  :twisted: ), or something, I'm not Dr. Phil, I dunno.  But, I'm fairly sure that the only people who are miserable, are the ones who want to be miserable.

Go slit your wrists and get it over with.  Fucking Emo OpieZ.

P.S.  If you think this message was not for you, read it again.  It probably was, unless you're Bella or the Gnome.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Zurtok Khan

P.S.  If you think this message was not for you, read it again.  It probably was, unless you're Bella or the Gnome.

Wow.  You really like to kiss ass, don't you?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Yes, I made it through HS biology by telling a teacher she had nice hair (in reality it was a mullet).  It gets you far.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

unlike_someone

I like a world where no one bitches and moans.... no whiny poems, no blogs, no angst filled music... It makes for interesting news... having someone go postal every 5 minutes.

Seriously though, herein lies the question. If one is ranting... isn't that just another term for 'bitching and moaning?'
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Sign in a restaurant I go to:

QuoteWomen do not burp, fart or snore, so we have to bitch or we will blow up

:P  :twisted:  :P

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

:lol: And if we're lucky to aim first, we'll splat all over the clothes of the chauvinist standing beside us. ;)

QuoteSeriously though, herein lies the question. If one is ranting... isn't that just another term for 'bitching and moaning?'

Everything is dependent upon perspective. One persons bitch & moan, is another's venting of emotions, thoughts and ideals, that may gain the attentions of others, and thus carry on to evoke emotions, thoughts and ideals in their own right.
For instance, positing the question itself could be considered exemplar. And yet, this is not a perfect world and so it continues, because perfect would be boring.

Quote"Emotion turning back on itself, and not leading on to thought or action, is the element of madness."  ~John Sterling

"That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol' days, each village had to endure it's own damn idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world." Anonymous

gnimbley

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Expertly. And I thought the subscription to the Cookie-of-the-Month
Club was a nice touch.

::Passes the pitcher of margaritas with the insciption "xxx Khan" to Bella::

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: unlike_someoneI like a world where no one bitches and moans.... no whiny poems, no blogs, no angst filled music... It makes for interesting news... having someone go postal every 5 minutes.

Seriously though, herein lies the question. If one is ranting... isn't that just another term for 'bitching and moaning?'

Didn't I get that point across?
Resistance is Fertile.

-Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

unlike_someone

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

Zurtok Khan

QuoteThere is always something to complain about (including people complaining!). It's easy to find things to complain about.

Ahem, yes I did.
Resistance is Fertile.

-Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

unlike_someone

*shrugs* I was just thinking about the whole:
QuoteEmo, ladies and gents, is not a joke. It is real. All the bitching and moaning and yelling and screaming going on around here is Hardcore Emo. You're all being the fucking Emo OpieZ you joke about.

Kind of make 99% of the population Emo.

QuoteThere is always something to complain about (including people complaining!). It's easy to find things to complain about.

Ahem, yes I did.
Settle down or I'll have to shoot you again, hehehe,  :P

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Ahem, yes I did.
Settle down or I'll have to shoot you again, hehehe,  :P

Yes, but I know I'll be shot with love when you do it Eld.

:lol:
Resistance is Fertile.

-Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

Cain

I actually dont think this applies to me much either.  Ever since I stopped giving a fuck, my life has been much easier, funnier, and painful for others.  8)