News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

The Fucking Around Is Officially Over

Started by Cain, August 20, 2005, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

"Where Zen ends, asskicking begins."
,Äî Richard Marcinko

"Don,Äôt go looking for a fight ,Äî but if you,Äôre hit, deck the bastard."
,Äî Roger Ailes

"What can I do? The man isn,Äôt being reasonable."
,Äî "Don Corleone" from The Godfather

Yes, this is another rant where some asshole has a go at you for being worthless tools who would rather write haikus than go out there and do something to help yourselves.  Only, the asshole this time is me, and when I start off it,Äôs often not without reason.

You can play the three word game, write poems and fuck around all day long and I would have no problem with it, in theory. However, when put into context of the current situation, its about the second dumbest thing you could do, the dumbest being saying ,Äúmy leaders mean me well,Äù and go back to whatever mind numbing piece of shit is on the idiot box.  And that,Äôs not you, as we know, you are smart people (mostly, though I have my doubts).  You know what,Äôs going on, you know your fellow countrymen are basically bending over and going ,Äúyes sir, thank you sir,Äù to your current Administration.

What you are basically doing is equivalent to what Nero did a long time ago, but since only one person here is really up on their Roman history, I,Äôll spell it out: you are fiddling while Rome burns, Rome here being your rights to not be treated like the worthless fucks the leadership half suspects you are.  Now, more than in a long time, people willing to do something about it are needed.  But that would involve turning off the PC, going outside and dealing with people without the safe interface of the screen to protect you.

Usually around now someone pops up, normally some lame-ass punk ,Äúguest,Äù who was too chicken-shit to even log in using their recognized name, saying ,Äúyou don,Äôt know me, don,Äôt you dare judge me!,Äù  Well, I sure as hell know some of you, and all I need to look for is the post count.  And yes, I will judge you.  Judging is human.  Nothing gives me the right to, but since you show so little concern for your other ,Äúrights,Äù,  I have no qualms about it.

Then the next objection: but Roger and Turd always say KYFMS.  Yes, about particulars.  No point in boasting from inside jail, after all.  That doesn,Äôt mean you cant present things in a hypothetical fashion.  KYFMS generally implies you actually did something to KYFMS about, which I very much doubt is the case around here.  You,Äôd have to turn the PC off for starters,Ķfor people who pride yourself on not being grey faced, your lack of imagination and willingness to follow rules like this so ultimately is very disappointing.

So what do I want you to do? Perhaps act according to some of the principles you allegedly have.  Throw a monkey wrench in The Machine, stall it, smash the dials, fuck with the production,Ķdon,Äôt look to me for particulars.  I,Äôm nobody,Äôs leader.  But equally, don,Äôt think pranks making reference to the number 23, large amounts of flax and the Bavarian Illuminati will do that either,Ķ

Why should you do this, because some mystery poster on the internet told you to?  Hell no.  I can think of over half a million reasons, and that,Äôs just from one decision.  Not much fun about people being tortured for having wrong colour skin.  Nothing funny about permanent semi-martial law.  Or people starting to ,Äúvanish,Äù, because arrest warrants and charges are ,Äúobsolete,Äù. Of course, if we followed from the actions of most of this forum, we,Äôd make jokes about pies and obscure ,Äúin,Äù references in poems until one day we find out we have to work until we,Äôre 80 to fund the latest ,Äútax cut,Äù for the rich, or practically sell oneself into loan slavery at the bank to ensure the kids get a semi-decent education.  And assuming some of us actually had the courage of our convictions, some people might not wake up at all, unless the agent pouring Drano down your throat gets sloppy.  

A prize for a prize, thats the rules of today.  They want your rights removed, so take something precious from them.  Like taking for granted that they can live in an ordered society.  You are followers of a Goddess of many things, among them Chaos and Discord.  And while Chaos can be viewed in terms of an overall balance, doesnt that equate to society as whole?  Your leaders want overall order...so bring to them overall disorder. It'll balance out, sooner or later.

Argh, what the fuck am I wasting my time writing this for?  Turd and The Good Reverend have already spelled it out for you innumerable times,Ķif you haven,Äôt got it by now, chances are you never will.  If nothing else, fight for your right to have fun, because soon enough, you wont even have that anymore.  Fuck this shit, I could have done something constructive with my time,Ķ.

East Coast Hustle

good rant. 9/10 (one point off 'cuz you could have used just a TAD more vitriol)

d'you get any response from the brick wall it was addressed to?

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

:lol: I knew you'd like it.  I toned down the vitriol, I had a bad day when I wrote this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain:lol: I knew you'd like it.  I toned down the vitriol, I had a bad day when I wrote this.

Have more bad days.

9/10, wiff a bullet.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Hey, I do act according to the principles I often hold.

I'm for self-transformation and gradual paradigm shifts, rather than direct, force-based revolution.

And Rome needed a good fire, anyway.  too much underbrush getting in the way of the tall trees.

DJRubberducky

And aren't all the people you extol in favor of shit burning down, anyway?
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I gotta tell ya, shit smells fucking awful when you set it on fire.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: DJRubberduckyAnd aren't all the people you extol in favor of shit burning down, anyway?

false semantics.

the "burning" analogies in question are not only vastly different, but very nearly polar opposites.

we would burn shit down to keep Rome from burning.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle
Quote from: DJRubberduckyAnd aren't all the people you extol in favor of shit burning down, anyway?

false semantics.

the "burning" analogies in question are not only vastly different, but very nearly polar opposites.

8)

I'd burn down Rome to keep shit from burning.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Donkeyotay

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: East Coast Hustle

false semantics.

8)

I'd burn down Rome to keep shit from burning.

same thing.

8)

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Cain

Quote from: LMNOHey, I do act according to the principles I often hold.

I'm for self-transformation and gradual paradigm shifts, rather than direct, force-based revolution.

And Rome needed a good fire, anyway.  too much underbrush getting in the way of the tall trees.

And I dont disagree thats a good long term way of thinking.  But right now, as things are, it may act too late.  Also, I made no reference to force.  I'm being very careful about that, given the new laws over here.  Fucking Shit Up can take many forms...like spreading nasty little rumours concerning people's personal habits...or causing a panic among the financial backers of certain figures by a careful distillation of truth and fiction...its political, so be nasty is what I'm saying.  Your way has igts merits, but possibly not many while so much of humanity seems to be going backwards...

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Cain:lol: I knew you'd like it.  I toned down the vitriol, I had a bad day when I wrote this.

Have more bad days.

9/10, wiff a bullet.

Oh I forgot to add the bit about stealing the title from your previous sig.  It was a good sig, IMO.  Summed up my attitude perfectly.  Woulda put it in, but forgot, or was distracted or sumthin...