News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Get Out the Violins or A Call For Immediate Violence

Started by AFK, August 23, 2005, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

THIS JUST IN:

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED BY PURITANS.

AMERICA IS STILL INHABITED AND LARGELY CONTROLLED BY PURITANS.

THAT IS ALL.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Just for the record, since I'm the one who started this whole thing, I am not a Puritan.

I am writing about this from two angles:

Angle #1) A Father who would deal swiftly and harshly with ANYONE who did something to my daughter that was unwanted.

Angle #2) Someone who thinks other people shouldn't whine and complain about situations that they got themselves into.  Reap what you sow and shut the hell up!

This has nothing to do with my views on sex.  If a 21 year old and a 16 year old get it on and they were both willing participants.  Great, let's give them a pat on the back and a morning after pill.  However, if a 33 year old emotionally and/or physically subdues a 16 year old and makes her engage in sexual relations when it is unwanted then he must deal with what results from those actions.  To protest after the fact that he is a victim is laughable and pathetic and warrants a couple of slaps upside the head with a really really heavy thing.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast HustleTHIS JUST IN:

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED BY PURITANS.

AMERICA IS STILL INHABITED AND LARGELY CONTROLLED BY PURITANS.

THAT IS ALL.

8)

1.  Incorrect.

2.  Correct.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?

This has nothing to do with my views on sex.  If a 21 year old and a 16 year old get it on and they were both willing participants.  Great, let's give them a pat on the back and a morning after pill.  However, if a 33 year old emotionally and/or physically subdues a 16 year old and makes her engage in sexual relations when it is unwanted then he must deal with what results from those actions.  To protest after the fact that he is a victim is laughable and pathetic and warrants a couple of slaps upside the head with a really really heavy thing.

1.  Now he's 33?

2.  I don't see why 12 years makes a difference.  It must otherwise you wouldn't have used it as part of your examples.

AFK

You're missing the point.  It's not about the age of the male.  It's about the receptiveness of the girl.  I used the ages I did because it's more likely that a 16 year old is going to have consensual sex with someone closer to her age.  

But don't get hung up on the age.  The issue is whether or not the girl wanted sex.  If yes, honky dory have a nice life.  If no, deal with the male in the appropriate manner.  And just so I cover my bases, if the genders were reversed I would see things the same way.

LMNO

So, just so I clearly understand:

You think non-consentual sex is bad.

Ok.  I think I got it.

AFK

Bingo!  And if he gets caught.  Deal with it and keep quiet.

Edit:  And now I am going to go change my guinea pigs bedding.  Of course it will be a non consentual act but the tough part about being a guinea pig is that they aren't vicous enough to properly protest.  Good Day.

LMNO

...and if he feels that the rules are unjust, and unfairly applied to his particular case?

AFK

Obviously if charged he goes to trial.  He defeneds himself to the best of his abilities.  If he still gets convicted he appeals to the fullest extent of the law.  

If however, as in the case cited at the beginning, he admits guilt and wrong doing he deals with the consequences of said wrong-deed.

AFK

Further.  You can't commit a crime.  Admit guilt.  And then complain about the punishment.  Well, I suppose you can but the obvious solution is to not commit the crime in the first place.

The Good Reverend Roger

[derail]

Once, in Illinois, my friend Andy and I were driving to a Mexican restaurant, when we pulled up next to a red miata with the top down.  Sitting in it was a 40-something dude with a bad comb-over, and a 18-ish little blond that was obviously NOT his daughter.

What could we do?  We pointed at him through the open window, and laughed our asses off, laughing harder as he tried to sink into his seat.

[/derail]

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Further.  In my opinion, you can't do something that gets you arrested and charged with committing a crime, admit guilt to cop a plea so as to avoid a long, complicated, expensive trial that would instantly castigate you as a villan before looking at all mitigating evidence, and then complain about the punishment that is handed out equally to almost legal statuatory cases and baby rapists alike.

Clarified that for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Further.  In my opinion, you can't do something that gets you arrested and charged with committing a crime, admit guilt to cop a plea so as to avoid a long, complicated, expensive trial that would instantly castigate you as a villan before looking at all mitigating evidence, and then complain about the punishment that is handed out equally to almost legal statuatory cases and baby rapists alike.

Clarified that for you.

Statuatory rape != pedophelia, legally or morally.

What is he talking about?

LMNO

To be honest, it seems like he started out the thread ranting about abusive and coercive men, most likely brought on by looking after his daughter while watching the news, and then I took his rant as his actual veiws, which seem a bit more reasonable as time goes on.

I have a feeling I'm crossing the line from debate to poking with a sharp stick.

is that bad?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOTo be honest, it seems like he started out the thread ranting about abusive and coercive men, most likely brought on by looking after his daughter while watching the news, and then I took his rant as his actual veiws, which seem a bit more reasonable as time goes on.

I have a feeling I'm crossing the line from debate to poking with a sharp stick.

is that bad?

Naw.  Go for broke. :lol: