News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Get Out the Violins or A Call For Immediate Violence

Started by AFK, August 23, 2005, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
TGGR,
Likes his women in their 30s, rather than 18 year old kids.

More experience does tend to equal higher quality.  Although there is a breaking point.

But the breaking point moves as you age. 8)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: LMNOWell, I have to say that with the current legal system being what it is, I can't allow myself the black and white certainty to trust that a person admitting guilt is actually guilty of the precise crime that they admitted to.

Nor that they had all the facts in what their punishment entailed.

Nor that they didn't admit to guilt under threats or coersion.

Hell, I know Law & Order isn't very realistic, but even they represent the system as flawed and easily manipulated.

These are all true, to a point.  I just can't see someone admitting guilt to a cop, a judge, and a national TV broadcast and being innocent.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

There's a difference to acknowledging that an action is currently considered illegal by community standards, and admitting guilt.

AFK

TGGR,

More experience does tend to equal higher quality.  Although there is a breaking point.

Until she hits 60 and then a "break" is probably a certainty.  Unless you excercise some restraint of course.   8)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOWell, I have to say that with the current legal system being what it is, I can't allow myself the black and white certainty to trust that a person admitting guilt is actually guilty of the precise crime that they admitted to.

Nor that they had all the facts in what their punishment entailed.

Nor that they didn't admit to guilt under threats or coersion.

Hell, I know Law & Order isn't very realistic, but even they represent the system as flawed and easily manipulated.

These are all true, to a point.  I just can't see someone admitting guilt to a cop, a judge, and a national TV broadcast and being innocent.

Then I hope you have the sense to call a lawyer, if you ever get in trouble.

Remember Richard Jewell?  THe first guy they accused of the Atlanta Olympics bombing?

They asked him HOW he would do it, IF it were him doing it.

He told them, and then they said he confessed.

Turns out later on that it was a Xtian screwball by the name of Eric Rudolf.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Quote from: LMNOThere's a difference to acknowledging that an action is currently considered illegal by community standards, and admitting guilt.

Either way he should have kept his pants zipped.

LMNO

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerThen I hope you have the sense to call a lawyer, if you ever get in trouble.

Remember Richard Jewell?  THe first guy they accused of the Atlanta Olympics bombing?

Saying how he would doing it is different than saying how he did do it.

AFK

Quote from: LMNOAre you changing the point again?

No, but it is true that some restraint would have prevented the whole thing.  Thus why he shouldn't complain.  He had the ability to avoid the "inconvenience" he found himself in.  He, unwisely, chose not to.

The Good Reverend Roger

TGGR,

Until she hits 60 and then a "break" is probably a certainty.  Unless you excercise some restraint of course.   8)

Meh.  The safest course is to follow the "half your age + 7" rule.

If you are 20, then she should be no younger than 20/2 = 10 + 7 = 17 years old.

If you are 36, 36/2 = 18 + 7 = 25 years old.

Etc.

Emily Post PWNS JOO!

LMNO

Not to the cops, the media, and the fact that he'll never get a security job again.  ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerThen I hope you have the sense to call a lawyer, if you ever get in trouble.

The cops are honest, in your world?  :lol:

What color is the sky?

AFK

Quote from: LMNO

Not to the cops, the media, and the fact that he'll never get a security job again.  ever.

In Jewell's case that is correct.  He did get a raw deal.

LMNO

The cops are honest, in your world?  :lol:

What color is the sky?

And don't forget, the media is impartial and non-judgemental.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO

Actually, he was the benefactor of the backlash on that one.

He's a Sherrif's deputy now, and has been decorated for heroism since (involving a burning car, IIRC)

Turns out he's the real deal.