News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Get Out the Violins or A Call For Immediate Violence

Started by AFK, August 23, 2005, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?I said I don't remember every freaking word.  I do remember that.  If the guy had been innocent the interview would have been about how he was framed.  The interview was about how he was guilty (to which he did admit.  Sorry I should not have used quotation marks) and how the punishment was affecting his inability to live where he wants to.

Not the Punishment.  the Punishment was Jail.  This is the post-Punishment castigation.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?I said I don't remember every freaking word.  I do remember that.  If the guy had been innocent the interview would have been about how he was framed.  The interview was about how he was guilty (to which he did admit.  Sorry I should not have used quotation marks) and how the punishment was affecting his inability to live where he wants to.

Not the Punishment.  the Punishment was Jail.  This is the post-Punishment castigation.

Why not?  Whip him until the day he dies, so that the rest of us can feel all self-righteous.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: LMNOWorked for OJ...

Troof.

Judge Ito should have been tossed in the ocean.

I can't believe how badly Marcia Clarck fucked that one up...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOWorked for OJ...

Troof.

Judge Ito should have been tossed in the ocean.

I can't believe how badly Marcia Clarck fucked that one up...

DO NOT TAUNT HAPPY FUN CHEWBACCA DEFENSE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Not the Punishment.  the Punishment was Jail.  This is the post-Punishment castigation.[/quote]

No, part of his punishment is being registered and being restricted as to where he can live.  If after this phase his punishment has ceased he is being castigated then that is wrong.  Until then, he must serve out the punishment as dealt out by the state.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?

No, part of his punishment is being registered and being restricted as to where he can live.  If after this phase his punishment has ceased he is being castigated then that is wrong.  Until then, he must serve out the punishment as dealt out by the state.

So, the purpose of SO registration is so that the neighbors can castigate him?

Damn, that makes me PROUD to be an American!  BOO-YA!  Break out the pillory!

AFK

I will try to find the transcript of this interview and post it.  I was searching the Today Show website but it makes as much sense as Al Roker's wardrobe.

AFK

No, it's to keep him away from prime sources of underage tail and thusly protect him from violent fathers like me.

The Good Reverend Roger

No, it's to keep him away from prime sources of underage tail and thusly protect him from violent fathers like me.

But you said it was "punishment".

AFK

But you said it was "punishment".[/quote]

Um, I think I wasn't being 100% serious with that statement which I thought was rather clear.

Yes, it's segregation.  Segregate the sex-offenders from the kids they may offend.  Life's rough when you are a convicted sex-offender.  Perhaps we should give them a cookie, pat them on the back and say we understand their pain and just let them run around as they like.

LMNO

The SO registry was created because law enforcement discovered/announced/arbitrarily decided that jail is ineffective for treatement and rehabilitation of sex offenders.

Rather than shape new law that deals with the root causes, they decided to tack on more archaic and repressive laws to the existing statuates.

BTW, the SO registry is still ineffective treatment and rehabilitatin for sex offenders.

AFK

That may be true but it gives the kids a fighting chance.  You want to roll back the registry?  Fine.  But I will push for laws enabling me to stroll the streets with a warhammer to carry out my own brand of justice.

The Good Reverend Roger

But you said it was "punishment".

Um, I think I wasn't being 100% serious with that statement which I thought was rather clear.

Yes, it's segregation.  Segregate the sex-offenders from the kids they may offend.  Life's rough when you are a convicted sex-offender.  Perhaps we should give them a cookie, pat them on the back and say we understand their pain and just let them run around as they like.

No, I think we should brand all criminals, or put out their eyes, etc.

That way, we can tell who should be marginalized for life.  Criminals should be given no chance to "rejoin" society.  There should be no forgiveness, no mercy, or any other such silly liberalisms.

Criminals should basically be enslaved, and/or fed to wild animals for our amusement.

By the way, have you ever broken the law, citizen?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?That may be true but it gives the kids a fighting chance.  You want to roll back the registry?  Fine.  But I will push for laws enabling me to stroll the streets with a warhammer to carry out my own brand of justice.

I think the registry should apply to ALL criminals, so that their deeds can hang around their neck like an albatross, for the rest of their lives.

Maybe we can even brand their children on the forehead as "bad seeds".

East Coast Hustle

edit: directed at what's his name, not Rog.

still missing the point. let's try this again:

16 YEAR OLDS (OF EITHER GENDER) ARE CAPABLE OF DETERMINING WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT TO FUCK SOMEONE. THIS MAN WAS NOT A SEXUAL PREDATOR. HE WAS NOT MOLESTING LITTLE GIRLS. HE LACKS GAME AND HAD TO GO FOR A GIRL AT THE YOUNGEST EDGE OF THE SCALE OF ACCEPTABILITY. THIS JUST MAKES HIM AN OPIE, NOT A CRIMINAL.

it also makes me wonder what his wife looks like.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"