News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Rev Roger: Republic and Empire, Prelude

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 04, 2005, 07:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fluffy

phhfffttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry
i didn't read it before i posted
just wanted to be the first to post in "new roger's" thread

:P

Zurtok Khan

QuoteSo, grab your tinfoil hats

YES!!! I've always wanted an excuse to wear a tinfoil hat.  Or at least grab one.

I am looking forward to your rants, now Rog.  Since you are once again mostly human, things might settle down the slightest bit around here.

Or not.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Zurtok Khan
Since you are once again mostly human,.

Mostly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Zurtok Khan
Since you are once again mostly human,.

Mostly.

Would that make you mostly mostly human then?
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

gnimbley

Instead of a flame war, let's have a content war!

You first. I'm going to bed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbleyInstead of a flame war, let's have a content war!

You first. I'm going to bed.

Don't lay down across the bunny.

He gets pissed.

D/N/T the ion cannon.

Donkeyotay

So...has Bush saved his  ass in time or is it just too late for him to look good coming out of this one? It seems that even FOX and CNN have emphasized the lack of preparedness and all that..Plus, it seems more news organizations are reporting on Bush's lack of funding for the levee project and FEMA in general...And even some of his supporters are pissed about this mess...So, are more people beginning to see his incimpetence or will Rove get the smokescreen up in time to save some face for this administration?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: DonkeyotaySo...has Bush saved his  ass in time or is it just too late for him to look good coming out of this one? It seems that even FOX and CNN have emphasized the lack of preparedness and all that..Plus, it seems more news organizations are reporting on Bush's lack of funding for the levee project and FEMA in general...And even some of his supporters are pissed about this mess...So, are more people beginning to see his incimpetence or will Rove get the smokescreen up in time to save some face for this administration?

Bush isn't the problem, he's a symptom.

I'll explain what I mean by that tomorrow night.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

So no more flaming? That kind of makes me a sad panda...

gnimbley

Nice to have the Good Reverend Roger back. I look forward to
your rants on the Empire. I actually picked up a copy of some of
Cicero's writings a while back. Haven't gotten to them yet. I only
have six books that I am reading simultaneously at the moment.
But I picked it up because Cicero is your favorite, Rog.

Oh, and the bunny says... well... you know what she says.

Cain

I have alot of stuff on how empires work, grow, the internal and external dynamics etc...part of the joy of my course.  Its something I have put my mind to, as I am no fan of empires in general, one led by the current world "leaders" in particular.  Once I'm back at Uni and have access to their wonderful library (largest and oldest in Scotland) and the online journals they're signed up to, I'm more than willing to throw ideas around.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbleyNice to have the Good Reverend Roger back. I look forward to
your rants on the Empire. I actually picked up a copy of some of
Cicero's writings a while back. Haven't gotten to them yet. I only
have six books that I am reading simultaneously at the moment.
But I picked it up because Cicero is your favorite, Rog.

Oh, and the bunny says... well... you know what she says.

Next installment is up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fluffy
phhfffttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry
i didn't read it before i posted
just wanted to be the first to post in "new roger's" thread

:P

"New"?  Naw.  I just decided to quit being lazy.