News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

groupthink clusterfuck nerdism

Started by ..y.E.R.M.O.M., September 07, 2005, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Manabu

Bob Dole likes to hear Bob Dole talk about Bob Dole

BOB DOLE!
Hiki-Mana-Daniel-menudo? FRAG IT SMALLS, CALL ME MENUDO AGAIN AND I WILL SHIV YOU IN THE URETHRA!

Hiki - not a food group
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey roger... SURPRISE!

hooplala

Quote from: BAWHEED on September 07, 2005, 07:28:42 PM
Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.See? I told you this is a bunch of "groupthink clusterfuck nerdism"
:?:  :?:  :?: Why do you think being mean is going stop me :?:  :?:  :?:
realy I'm laughing my ASS OFF :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Dude,

Calm the fuck down.

Or don't, what do I care . . . But if you expect anyone to read your shit you're gonna have to put more effort into making it interesting.  There's nothing wrong with nonsense - I happen to LOVE nonsense, but it still has to be INTERESTING nonsense.

Pure gibberish tends to make me zone out after a while.  I've never gotten all the way through a single William S. Burroughs book yet . . . to me, it's boring nonsense.  On the other hand, Daniil Kharms is magnificent.

This is all my opinion, of course.

Strange.

I don't remember making any of the responses I made in this thread, and more than that, in the above quote of my own post, I reference someone who I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE... I just googled the name and it STILL doesn't ring a bell... I must have really been talking out my arse here...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Perhaps you wanted to send the guy on a snipe hunt?

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Still and all, part of what makes this place great is the adherence to the "carrot and stick" policy--it's not all one or the other.  Though sometimes more than one or the other.