Attention, N00bs: You might want to read this.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnimbley

Quote from: agent compassionI forgot...it's some Dune thing...it's been a while since I read that book...

I believe you, AC.

Really! I DO!

unlike_someone

Quote"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
---- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

gnimbley

Many years after I read the book (which at the time I thought was
really great, mostly for the myth building the "witches" did) I picked it
up and started to read it again.

It was really boring. I didn't finished the first chapter.

agent compassion

Hey, I used up most of my nerdly powers on Doctor Who trivia. I don't have room for Dune.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

unlike_someone

I've never actually read the entire book... had to return it before I finished it.... I just really, really like that quote.
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Malaul

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Also, don't complain to The Mgt or the mods, because they don't really care.
Except for Mal, but she'll kill you just to watch you die if you fuck with her. Seriously.

No shit.  Remember the last guy that asked Malaul for help?

We were picking bits of him out of the ventilation ducts for WEEKS.
excuse me a sec

what are you babbling about?
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Malaul

Quote from: agent compassionNo thanks, just leave Eldora alone, and I'll leave you alone. I'm pig sick of everyone bashing her of late, it's the new fad I know, but she's a nice lady.
seconded
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Don't start that up again. Trust me: It will not end well.

Quote from: Malaul
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Also, don't complain to The Mgt or the mods, because they don't really care.
Except for Mal, but she'll kill you just to watch you die if you fuck with her. Seriously.

No shit.  Remember the last guy that asked Malaul for help?

We were picking bits of him out of the ventilation ducts for WEEKS.
excuse me a sec

what are you babbling about?

Oh c'mon Mal, we're still picking bone fragments out of the ceiling!

Malaul

whatchu talkin bout willis
I dont remember this
Coito ergo sum

I think you blacked out... But yeah.. it was horrific to say the least. You're lucky we're good at cleaning that sort of thing up or you'd probably be in prison by now. That was pretty fucking brutal.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum

I think they were all destroyed during your brutal rampage.