News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Attention, N00bs: You might want to read this.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Pope Joan on May 05, 2008, 02:24:04 AM
Really, the only reason I am here is that I like seeing my Pope name in a forum.  Otherwise, what is the point?  I'm not going to learn anything more about Discoridianism from anyone here.  I can see I might learn more about grilled cheese sandwiches or RPG games, but I had enough of that when I used to work for Gary Gygax.  It's not that I'm saying I know it all, or that no one here knows anything about the subject, but thats not the way it works.  I'll drop in once in a while and see how you are all doing at it and maybe if I have something useful to do here, I'll do it.  We shall see. 

You're SO nouveau and original you couldn't even think up a name all your own?  You're right, I have SO much to learn from you!!

:kingmeh:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

bones

Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2008, 02:22:33 PM
Right click "block image".

Or you can turn off sigs in your profile options.

Thankyou kindly for the helpful tip, good sir.
I had you down all wrong, Abel must've deserved it after all.
filmmusic

hunter s.durden

Quote from: bones on May 05, 2008, 02:21:04 PM
You've been here for years, I've only been here for two hours and i'm already sick of signatures that include clever little .gif animations that seem to be on every page about twenty-three times.. I mean, well done making Tom Cruise Hubbard kill Oprah Winfrey, or making some dumb bitch's eyes glow and mouth shoot lightn....

Get 'em!

This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey, this is my first post, but since we're on the subject of what we're sick of having to see over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

You've been here for years, I've only been here for two hours and i'm already sick of signatures that include clever little .gif animations that seem to be on every page about twenty-three times.. I mean, well done making Tom Cruise Hubbard kill Oprah Winfrey, or making some dumb bitch's eyes glow and mouth shoot lightn....

oh sorry, wouldn't want you to have to clean up my blood.

never mind. only joking.

ps. i love you all.
I keep meaning to change that

but I haven't got around to it yet, sorry.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Really, the only reason I am here is that I like seeing my Pope name in a forum.  Otherwise, what is the point?  I'm not going to learn anything more about Discoridianism from anyone here.  I can see I might learn more about grilled cheese sandwiches or RPG games, but I had enough of that when I used to work for Gary Gygax.  It's not that I'm saying I know it all, or that no one here knows anything about the subject, but thats not the way it works.  I'll drop in once in a while and see how you are all doing at it and maybe if I have something useful to do here, I'll do it.  We shall see. 

Theoretically, we are all learning not only about Discordianism but about ourselves and everything else, all the time. If you're not, why not just stop breathing? You're not really alive, anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

please don't judge the forum by the "or kill me" section of some of the discusions in the BIP but by the recipe section..
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hunter s.durden

TI:  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

What the hell can you "learn" about Discordia anyway?

I thought you learned from it.

If you're trying to learn about it, you're probably doing it wrong.
This space for rent.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 05, 2008, 05:55:56 PM
TI:  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

What the hell can you "learn" about Discordia anyway?

I thought you learned from it.

If you're trying to learn about it, you're probably doing it wrong.

Kind of like trying to examine what font the menu is written in, eh?

hunter s.durden

Seems like it to me.

Discord Scholar- Did you know that originally 32 was gunna be the mystikal number?
Mutant- So?
Discord Scholar- No point, just talking to fill up space. Let's go lick a window.
This space for rent.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hey, this is my first post, but since we're on the subject of what we're sick of having to see over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

oh sorry, wouldn't want you to have to clean up my blood.

never mind. only joking.

ps. i love you all.

You made me spit coffee.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Sri Managahela Kalliflower

Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2008, 02:25:06 PM

You're SO nouveau and original you couldn't even think up a name all your own?  You're right, I have SO much to learn from you!!

What do you mean?  That is my name.  Too anachronistic for ya?  I like the idea of the Pope giving birth in a procession.  So much you can learn from history.  Why that practically proves that there were actually some Catholic priests who were straight!!   

hooplala

Quote from: Pope Joan on May 05, 2008, 09:04:20 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2008, 02:25:06 PM

What do you mean?  That is my name.  Too anachronistic for ya?  I like the idea of the Pope giving birth in a procession.  So much you can learn from history.  Why that practically proves that there were actually some Catholic priests who were straight!!   

Whether it is your name or not, its been taken.  You lose.  Do not advance to GO, do not collect $200.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2008, 05:44:11 PM
Theoretically, we are all learning not only about Discordianism but about ourselves and everything else, all the time. If you're not, why not just stop breathing? You're not really alive, anyway.

Good point!  I think I have been living dead a couple of times.  Hopefully it won't happen again.  

Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2008, 09:06:32 PM

Whether it is your name or not, its been taken.  You lose.  Do not advance to GO, do not collect $200.

I see.  Is that in the rules? 

Adios