News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Alright

Started by Burning Trees, September 01, 2005, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

..y.E.R.M.O.M.

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.

The more I think of this one, the more it burns me up! Look, I'll admit to being a "goat fucker", a "hampster killer", I might even try to get you to believr I have republican leanings:cry:

Yer supposed to not admit to the goatfornication. Sheesh. What kind of scotsman are you?
Why do you ask?  Did you want to borrow my kilt and boots?

Example of Scottish humor
Sean: Angus! Why did you 'it tha' man with tha' beer bo''le?
Angus: Because I di' no' 'ave a rock!!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The more I think of this one, the more it burns me up! Look, I'll admit to being a "goat fucker", a "hampster killer", I might even try to get you to believr I have republican leanings:cry:

Yer supposed to not admit to the goatfornication. Sheesh. What kind of scotsman are you?
Why do you ask?  Did you want to borrow my kilt and boots?

Example of Scottish humor

No Irishperson would want that. It'd be like a Turk in Jerusalem!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.Example of Scottish humor
Where the fuck did you learn Scottish!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: synaptyx
Quote from: ..y.E.R.M.O.M.Example of Scottish humor
Where the fuck did you learn Scottish!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

De an dibhir leatsa?

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: synaptyxAye, that too. :)

Arrrgh!

Bha gaidhlig agamsa o shin a bha mi og mar....no mar sin.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

The official language of Scotland is English, although Gaelic is spoken in the North and West of Scotland. The Scots language (which has many similarities to English, but also draws on French and Gaelic) is also spoken. Whereas Gaelic is the language of the Highlands & Islands, Scots is the language of the Lowlands.

I live in the Lowlands.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: synaptyxThe official language of Scotland is English, although Gaelic is spoken in the North and West of Scotland. The Scots language (which has many similarities to English, but also draws on French and Gaelic) is also spoken. Whereas Gaelic is the language of the Highlands & Islands, Scots is the language of the Lowlands.

I live in the Lowlands.

Cool. The only part of Scotland I know about is the North and the Islands. Gaelic helps there, to be able to speak to people and fuck with the tourists. Though, some places like Skye are not as Gaelic speaking as they used to be....which is scary. The whole culture will probably disappear in our lifetimes.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

It's very sad to watch a part of the language culture of my country slowly being stamped out. There are very few exclusively Gaelic speaking people left alive today. Scottish Gaelic will go first, then Irish, then the Welsh language will start to fade. No-one will know, or care, what place names mean anymore and some children, won't be able to communicate directly with their great grandparents (assuming they're still alive).

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: synaptyxIt's very sad to watch a part of the language culture of my country slowly being stamped out. There are very few exclusively Gaelic speaking people left alive today. Scottish Gaelic will go first, then Irish, then the Welsh language will start to fade. No-one will know, or care, what place names mean anymore and some children, won't be able to communicate directly with their great grandparents (assuming they're still alive).

Welsh won't go, cuz they got petrol to burn the guest houses down with.

Irish won't go, cuz, for good or for ill, we''lll keep blowing up shit until we are free.

Gaelic won't go, cuz enough people will keep it going for now.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Cain

Quote from: synaptyxThe official language of Scotland is English, although Gaelic is spoken in the North and West of Scotland. The Scots language (which has many similarities to English, but also draws on French and Gaelic) is also spoken. Whereas Gaelic is the language of the Highlands & Islands, Scots is the language of the Lowlands.

I live in the Lowlands.

And Scots is damn wierd.  I had a lecturer who spoke it as a first language, his accent was thick enough to float rocks in.  Big ones.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I don't have a fracking clue what they're on about. I don't even understand people from seven miles up the road. Especially the older folks. :lol:

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: synaptyxI don't have a fracking clue what they're on about. I don't even understand people from seven miles up the road. Especially the older folks. :lol:

Scots is pretty hard to get. I need a fricken dictionary. And then even so, I can't even begin to figure how to spell the damned gibber, so how do I look the words up? Gaelic speakers are easier to understand, for me at least. But even when they speak English, it is easier to follow because they learned it as a second language from the schools and the tourists. Thus it is much more in touch with common sorts of English.