News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

man live-tweets exploding marriage at burger king

Started by Triple Zero, November 11, 2011, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2011, 09:29:47 PM
Where do you draw the line, though? Photographs? The person who takes the picture owns the copyright to it. You can copyright a likeness under certain circumstances but original photographs aren't one of them.

People take pictures of other people in public all the time, and post them to their Twitter/Facebook/blog feeds. They take video of people making scenes in public. So the moral/ethical line isn't that clean cut to me.

It's tricky indeed.

Video with audio of a conversation that I assumed to be private would probably cross the line. Depending on the subject, probably not any finger-breaking line though.

I mean--stepping away from the very loud fight example of the OP for now--if I'm sitting in a Burger King, which is a public place, with a friend having a normal/quiet1 conversation, someone on the table next to us could probably eavesdrop if they tried. While possibly annoying, what are you gonna do? But if they start to fucking record it, they do cross a line, maybe not legally, but definitely per social norms, IMO.

Audio without video of such a conversation is even creepier, for some reason.

Just video would just show two dudes talking.

1 different for Americans in a European Burger King. I don't need to eavesdrop, I can hear you word for word without trying or even wanting to. You just happen to talk louder, okay? :-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

If the neighbors fight, I can hear it. Never mind Burger King, if you argue at home and you don't live in the boonies, it's not private.

The nature of a heated argument is that people raise their voices. And this gets the attention of nearby people, at the very least they talk about it, they might call the police. People in cities talk, too. It might not get back to you the way it does in small towns, they might not know your name, but you can bet they'll be sitting at the bus stop or in the break room yammering about the arguing couple and the shit they said to each other.

Tweeting about it shouldn't be any different, if it's just somebody tweeting their friends. A journalist tweeting and taking pics is FUCKED, though. I guess they're trained to go after this dumbass filler these days and Britney hasn't done anything particularly screwy for awhile. That's why ABC picked it up. It's not like they have some duty to inform the public anout anything IMPORTANT, y'know? Welcome to the 21st century, welcome to the monkey house and all that.

Fuckers.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Man, I loved how that guy was all "You keep arguing with me so you must be interested" and I was all "Actually, it's just that I have this writing project where I chronicle my stupid dating stories, and I was going to cut you loose but my audience is demanding more" and then he vanished.

Asshole. I truly hate that guy, and I've never even met him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

A custom tailored troll is definitely in order, then. And ECH in a stunning vinyl miniskirt and pushup bra.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

I think I speak for all of us when I ask for photographic evidence of said event.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Anna Mae Bollocks

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: If we actually manage to land this fucker, pics WILL be taken. Because, AWESOME.

But it might be tricky because he won't send me a pic, so I have no idea what he looks like.