News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

The Offering and Sanctuary Denied

Started by Technocracy, September 15, 2005, 09:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocracy

The Offering

I was playing with reflections and thought what is better than a golden apple.

Sanctuary Denied

This one reminds me of the images we used to play "1000 words" story games on some RPG boards.  Each person would post a few sentences to further the "story" behind the picture.  Kind of like collective storytelling except with a visual reference.

Because my life is worth more than yours

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Heh, I like the first one a lot. You ought to slap a kallisti on the apple and maybe make it a bit rounder. The hand looks pretty great.

The second one looks like it could be a screenshot from a mainstream video game, have you ever thought about volunteering for an indie video game company? I know some people who might be interested in your help. Check out www.ReclamationGame.com if you're interested.

Technocracy

I thought about slapping on the logo but I was in a hurry when I did it.  I tried to model the apple from memory and apparently I don't remember what apples look like exactly,  :lol: The hand model is actually a model included with Poser so I can't take any credit for modeling it.

The most I've done for computer games is designing levels for Quake 3, Urban Terror and Unreal Tournament.  It is big time work since in FPS the entire "set" has to be tight and allow proper movement unlike these renderings which use alot of illusion to make things look more "complete" then they really are.  For instance in the 2nd image the room beyond the door and the other through the window are really only a single 10' wall section and a single 10'x10' floor section since that is all you can see from the finished camera angle.

Because my life is worth more than yours

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Well if I'm not mistaken Lyra Studios (the guys making Reclamation) are looking for level designers so if you could help them out I'm sure they'd appreciate it and you'd be helping the independent gaming industry (and frankly they need all the help they can get).