News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

sprockets & widgets

Started by East Coast Hustle, September 20, 2005, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Turd, Awesome.

/Swiped for the front page...
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: agent compassionFuck this shit.

What shit and why?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Doctor

Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

LHX

Quote from: LMNOTo LHX:

Cross reference this rant with the Quantum Inseparability Principle, and see what happens.

i keep getting 'syntax error'
neat hell

LMNO

Employ percussive maintanence.  Repeat.

Horab Fibslager

anothe r sermon worthy of it's place it teh book of ripoff. keep it up turd.
Hell is other people.

LHX

Quote from: LMNOTo LHX:

Cross reference this rant with the Quantum Inseparability Principle, and see what happens.

yeah

i seem to occasionally forget about those types of things

this forum is like heaven

discordians never lose
they just look bad sometimes
neat hell

Verthaine

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWay to go!

Nice piece of work.

Sometimes though, I think that what the Machine has done is actually funny. We only have ourselves to blame.
And we are the only ones who can fix it.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

LHX

Quote from: Verthaine
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCWay to go!

Nice piece of work.

Sometimes though, I think that what the Machine has done is actually funny. We only have ourselves to blame.
And we are the only ones who can fix it.

also the only ones who can pretend to be able to fix it

while we get run over
neat hell

nurbldoff

Right on!

Or perhaps you just watched "The Cube" one time too many.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: nurbldoffRight on!

Or perhaps you just watched "The Cube" one time too many.

OMG, I thought I was the only person to see that.  That was one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen, and I watch a lot of hte SciFi channel, including, but not limited to SciFi originals, which is some of hte worst Science Fiction on TV.  I even watched about 3 or 4 times trying to figure it out, really weird. :shock:

East Coast Hustle

putting a stop to another inane threadjack before it gets any momentum...

Quote from: East Coast Hustlecan you feel it coming? do you smell a change upon the wind?

NO.

you DON'T.

you CAN'T.

you've deluded yourself with dreams of a grand re-awakening, a massive paradigm shift of the collective social conscience. You've convinced yourself that someone (maybe even you) will come along and cast down the Powers That Be(tm) that are in control of the MACHINE(tm).

You're WRONG.

there are no Powers That Be(tm). The MACHINE(tm) deposed them long ago, or perhaps they just became obsolete, victims of their own efficiency. You see, long ago the MACHINE(tm) became far too large to be overseen by a conspiracy, or even by a network of several different conspiracies. The MACHINE(tm) is no longer under the control of mankind, rather it has become an entity unto itself. A blind, uncaring juggernaut of assimilation and mediocrity. The MACHINE(tm) feeds off of the static nature of humanity. Any real agents of change are percieved as dangerous mutations, to be neutralized and disposed of as quickly as possible. Yes, that includes you. And yes, that also includes me. Why do you think I constantly exhort YOU to become an agent of change? I've got my own schemes and machinations to that end, but I want to see the manner in which the MACHINE(tm) deals with you before I finalize MY game plan. You see, to be effective as a catalyst, one has to confront the problem of scale. You CAN NOT bring the MACHINE(tm) down. You can't even slow it down. What you can do is very slowly and unobtrusively begin to rearrange the basic components. We will refer to these as "widgets" and "sprockets". If widget A and sprocket B combine to exert societal influence C on the stinking morass known collectively as "humanity", then it stands to reason that the MACHINE(tm) can be reprogrammed at a very basic level and in very small increments. You waste your time dreaming of how to effect such a change on a global, national, or regional scale (the impossibility of which, I might add, keeps you in your perpetual state of blissful apathy), dreaming of assembling a group of like-minded fellows who will march with you to the very gates of the ivory tower whereupon those who have misled and exploited you will be cast down upon the parapets.

well guess what?

YOU ARE the one who has misled and exploited you. You have overlooked the most obvious solution, the most effective solution, the only possible solution.

kill yourself, fuck the body.

Just kidding.

maybe.

but seriously, this is what I have come to believe is the true spirit of the oft-misused phrase "we must stick apart": we cannot effect a large scale change, and if we make a serious attempt we WILL be neutralized. Instead, each and every one of us should make a conscious effort to effect a small reprogramming of the MACHINE(tm) in a manner that affects us and our immediate surroundings. keep the mutation small, and give it a chance to become effectively contagious. If we all effect a change on our own paradigm (this DOES require some effort, being a bliss-ninny doesn't count), there WILL be an eventual overlap, at which point the large scale change which we have hoped to effect all along will be impossible to stop.

(insert witty closing tagline here)

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Quote from: LMNOIndeed.  I was contemplating the "stick apart" meme, and decided that what it meant was very similar to terrorist cells.  if each cell has a common goal, yet is oblivious to the other's means & methods, then the "strategic movements" become impossible to decipher.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, that's sort of what I had in mind, only even more decentralized...I think most of us have proven that we're not all that good at working together as a group without infighting and egotism coming into play, but we're all on the same page enough that if we just worry about effecting a change in our own sphere of influence, there will be an inevitable overlap of achievements and changes which will merge into a perhaps somewhat cohesive thing once it gathers enough mass to be more or less unstoppable.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"