News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

A ? about the Illuminatus trilogy

Started by Technocracy, September 21, 2005, 02:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

soemone mentioned that drak is all shea, and simon moon is all raw, btu i'm pretty sure drake makes an appearance under otehr anems in alot of other raw owrks, specidifally in shrodinger's cat as coglistro the great(tho possibly soem folsk may say this is hagbard celine's permutation, i dsagree, as it much mroe resembles drake and his power drive/mommy issues)

alos shridinger's cat would've been alot better if there wasn't so much damn sex in teh book. it's fuckin ridicurous.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Horab Fibslager
alos shridinger's cat would've been alot better if there wasn't so much damn sex in teh book. it's fuckin ridicurous.

Point.  That almost wrecked the book.

Turned it from Lenny Bruce to Heavy Metal (the mag).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

yeah i coudln;t figure out where he was going on witht hat. it was highyl enjoyabel when i was 13 on my first read through, tho even then i didn't find the point. somethign abotu fucking gorillaz and being transgendred in order to enter teh kingdom of heaven.

too much cocaine and genesis p. orridge i think.(orridge being oen of the biggest fucking tools and discreditors of the so called counter culture in it's entire existence)
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Horab Fibslageryeah i coudln;t figure out where he was going on witht hat. it was highyl enjoyabel when i was 13 on my first read through, tho even then i didn't find the point. somethign abotu fucking gorillaz and being transgendred in order to enter teh kingdom of heaven.

too much cocaine and genesis p. orridge i think.(orridge being oen of the biggest fucking tools and discreditors of the so called counter culture in it's entire existence)

Meh.  More attempts at mysticism, this time via alchemy (arguably the MOST ludicrous of the mahdgjickque variants).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Also a good way to keep the attention of a buncha adolescent males.

...gotta start the mind warping when they're young.

Oh, and there is a plus side to alchemy:  New sexual positions.  But not for enlightenment, for fun.

nurbldoff

I agree that the ending to Illuminatus wasn't very good. But then I think there's a bit too much emphasis on endings in literature (and movies). What happened to "the journey is and end in itself"? Plus, it sorta gives you the warm feeling that maybe you've just been put through a very long shaggy dog joke with no punch line :D

Not defending it  though, they probably just couldn't come up with anything better and I don't think it was so bad as to seem intentionally so. But I don't think it ruined the book at all.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: nurbldoffI agree that the ending to Illuminatus wasn't very good. But then I think there's a bit too much emphasis on endings in literature (and movies).

What happened to "the journey is and end in itself"?

1.  RUBBISH!  When I spend several hours (or days) reading something, I want a PROPER FUCKING ENDING!

2.  WTF?  Go push that sweetness & light "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" over at hippies.com, Moonbeam.

ataraxia

Moonbeam? But he's long gone!

(Ask the owner of shadow@dementia.org what I'm talking about. And tell him you know he's called "Moonbeam". C'mon, look at that address - don't you want to troll him?)
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxiaMoonbeam? But he's long gone!

(Ask the owner of shadow@dementia.org what I'm talking about. And tell him you know he's called "Moonbeam". C'mon, look at that address - don't you want to troll him?)

Watch me...

...not care.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: LMNOAlso a good way to keep the attention of a buncha adolescent males.

...gotta start the mind warping when they're young.

Oh, and there is a plus side to alchemy:  New sexual positions.  But not for enlightenment, for fun.

i read illuminatus and shrodinger's cat during puberty, and seriously by the time i got to the end of the 1st chapter, i had long ago stopped using it as masturbation material...

<-- is a fast reader.
Hell is other people.