News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Rev Roger: The Heresies, Chapter 5: Real Discordians.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 21, 2005, 03:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustleby that logic, Dick Cheney, Hitler, Rupert Murdoch, and Martha Stewart could all be discordians.

despite the fact that, you know, they live to impose order on the world.

8)

beat me to it.  But then again, I've already said my piece on the subject a while ago.

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: East Coast Hustleby that logic, Dick Cheney, Hitler, Rupert Murdoch, and Martha Stewart could all be discordians.

8)

They're not Discordians because I doubt any of them ever heard the word "Discordian" and if they did, they wouldn't call themselves Discordian.

A Discordian is anyone who calls themselves a Discordian, in my opinion. You can be a Discordian and cool, and you can be a Discordian and a faggot. It doesn't mean you're a fake Discordian, it just means you're a faggot. (Nothing is "real")

Unless you're using the term "Discordian" to mean "enlightened" or "Discordian saint". That's a different story. Most of us probably wouldn't make it onto the list, because we're all faggots.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

East Coast Hustle

sorry, calling yourself a discordian does not make you a discordian any more than calling yourself a midget hooker makes you a midget hooker.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellDiscordianism is whatever the fuckhell you want it to be

"Martha Stewart Discordianism"? :lol:

If that's true, Fonz, then Discordianism is utterly worthless.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_FonzarellThe Principia Discordia says that all claims to truth are right, wrong, meaningless, right and wrong, right and meaningless, wrong and meaningless, and right and wrong and meaningless. That sounds like "Discordian is whatever the fuckhell you want it to be" to me.

If you don't buy into the Principia Discordia, but still call yourself a Discordian, that seems even more like it.

The PD is utter rot.  The only thing it gave Discordianism is the name.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell
They're not Discordians because I doubt any of them ever heard the word "Discordian" and if they did, they wouldn't call themselves Discordian.

You just kinda blew right past the middle of the piece, didn't you?

unlike_someone

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Martha Stewart Discordianism"?

It's good thing.
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: unlike_someone
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Martha Stewart Discordianism"?

It's good thing.

Why do yuo hate Fat City?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

8)

They can be considered Eristic Avatars however, since they did cause a lot of chaos unwittingly by their attempts to impose order. Just saying.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

East Coast Hustle

oh, I know...but those are two separate things...I believe somebody already covered it, but you can be a Discordian Saint without being a discordian.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: East Coast Hustleoh, I know...but those are two separate things...I believe somebody already covered it, but you can be a Discordian Saint without being a discordian.

8)

Now just what did Martha Stewart really do to include her in a list with the others? She really doesn't fuck up much shit.

Cain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: East Coast Hustleoh, I know...but those are two separate things...I believe somebody already covered it, but you can be a Discordian Saint without being a discordian.

8)

Now just what did Martha Stewart really do to include her in a list with the others? She really doesn't fuck up much shit.

you only say that becuase she doesn't own a summer home in your neck of the woods. she's at least as nasty and evil as everyone else on that list, she just weilds her influence in spheres other than the political.

8)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

True that.

I am sure she is a nasty prat.

Maybe the Repubs are gearing her up to be the 2012 president.

Maybe it's time to move to New Zealand. It's about as far from Amurricuh as I can think.

East Coast Hustle

she's a flat-out cunt, and that's a word I use VERY sparingly when talking about people.

as for NZ, I think if I knew anyone there I might be there already, but when I bail out I'm going to finally put my schooling to use and go to Russia where I have friends and a reasonable grasp of the language.

8)