News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Discordians should learn how to FSU

Started by metapunk, September 26, 2005, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustleyou know, I was starting to think that dude might not have been a total douchebag until he got to the part where he started whining about people talking shit about chaos mahdjikque.

also, discordians are to subgenii what whiny leftist college "anarchists" are to Baader-Meinhoff.

8)

I thought that as soon as he said plans were pathetic.  I wont even go into why I think that is wrong, apart from saying *cough*OpenSourceChaosrant*cough*

Verthaine

No offense metapunk,but you're not the first entity to burst onto this board telling everyone on this board how to be a discordian,nor will you be the last.Some of us here have been discordian for decades,so you might understand why what you just did may be construed as rather insulting.
There are discordians here that think it is their duty to sow discord and create chaos.And there are those of us who know better.
While I honor the PD as a wholey,holey,holy book,we of the Church of Eris follow the teachings of The Book of Eris.
I'd prefer to see discordians live happier lives,then ggoing around sowing discord.Usually we of the COE call people who go around sowing discord ,"Drama Queens".
I feel it is better to try to change minds,then try to change the world.most people who go around trying to change the world usually change it for the worse.Only by being in Accord with Eris can this world be made better.
And again no offense,but are you from N'awlins,because I am.I stayed through the hurricane and 11 days afterwards.I've fed people.got peole water,got diapers for babies,and gave last rights to the dead.N'awlins was more then just a party town,it was one of the few places where there was any magic left.The lost of N'awlins affects us all,me and my wife most of all.
by what rights do you have coming here talking shit about others,when you haven't shown us any of your credentials.How can you comment on us when we don't know what you have done for Eris lately.
You come on this forum beating your chest,commenting on others on the way they are discordian,when you should be beating your head for doing the same thing you just put down others for doing.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Verthaine...
There are discordians here that think it is their duty to sow discord and create chaos.And there are those of us who know better...

OK, dude, you know I wouldn't call you out on something if I didn't feel it was not only justified but necessary...

THAT statement is some seriously judgemental bullshit. I shouldn't have to explain why, but if you want me to, I will (in as non-assholish a way as possible, and over PM if you prefer.)

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Open Bar

you rang?

i skimmed the rant and saw my name.

:D

BADGE OF HONOR

Metapunk:  you can start your personal crusade by getting other people's ideas out of your puny excuse for a mind.  What's left might be worthing distilling, but until you admit you're not the first, brightest, bestest name-dropper what never was you'll never get up off your ass let alone get other people to do the same.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Verthaine

Quote from: East Coast Hustle
There are discordians here that think it is their duty to sow discord and create chaos.And there are those of us who know better...

OK, dude, you know I wouldn't call you out on something if I didn't feel it was not only justified but necessary...

THAT statement is some seriously judgemental bullshit. I shouldn't have to explain why, but if you want me to, I will (in as non-assholish a way as possible, and over PM if you prefer.)

8)
Let me clarify.very few here know how to sow discord that
1-teaches some one a valuable lession
2-creates something positive out of it
3-doesn't make a bad situation worse
4-doesn't blow up in you face.
5-unwilling to face the consequences of wht they sow

and as to creating chaos
1-only eris can create chaos.
2-what people mistake for chaos is actaully drama.

I always thought being a discordian should at least give you an understanding as to when it is nescessary to generate eristic vibe to counteract an area that is heavily infeated with aneristic energy.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Verthaine2-what people mistake for chaos is actaully drama.
A-fucking-men.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cain

Well, I dont tend to think OM works that much anyway.  hell, after letting Monty Python with a BBC budget run amok in London, half the capital has become desensitized to such things. And following comedy programs havent helped.

Yeah, rants can be boring.  I suppose it depends on presentation.  There are a few writers here who can be pretty engaging, but its a talent not all of us (especially me) are gifted with.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Verthaine
Quote from: East Coast Hustle

8)
Let me clarify.very few here know how to sow discord that
1-teaches some one a valuable lession
2-creates something positive out of it
3-doesn't make a bad situation worse
4-doesn't blow up in you face.
5-unwilling to face the consequences of wht they sow

and as to creating chaos
1-only eris can create chaos.
2-what people mistake for chaos is actaully drama.

I always thought being a discordian should at least give you an understanding as to when it is nescessary to generate eristic vibe to counteract an area that is heavily infeated with aneristic energy.

a'ight. that makes much more sense. I'm not sure I agree with it entirely, but it comes off alot better than the condensed version did.

I suppose that technically "creating" chaos is impossible, in much the same way as creating matter is impossible, but in the everyday vernacular, "creating" chaos and "invoking/spreading/manifesting" chaos are pretty much interchangeable, at least as I see it.

and while I'm not advocating more drama, drama frequently IS chaotic, isn't it?

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BADGE OF HONOR

Quoteand while I'm not advocating more drama, drama frequently IS chaotic, isn't it?
Remember how Hugh just ranted about distractions?  

Well, drama is a distraction.

East Coast Hustle

BADGE OF HONOR

I don't have the patience for anything else.   :P

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: LHXi am the best master of every situation

does anybody know where i can get an updated version of the activity standards?

i have that same forune cookie except mine has no best.

the 3rd rule is don't talk about what you don't do.
Hell is other people.

Verthaine

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God
Quoteand while I'm not advocating more drama, drama frequently IS chaotic, isn't it?
Remember how Hugh just ranted about distractions?  

Well, drama is a distraction.
Drama does nothing but booster up an already flacid ego.

We need to be like the ancient chaoist masters.They understood the Integral Way of Eris.They knew when it was necessary to generate eristic vibes in order to balance the hodge and podge.They sowed discord in order to disrupt heavily aneristic areas that strangled creativitie.'They manifested chaos in order to
insure great justice.
To many think they are masters at creating chaos,yet crumble when chaos happens to them.We erisians must know how to ride the chaos wave,navigate through the seas of confusion,learn how to survive the stormclouds of strife and discord.(sorry about all the nautical references.to be a true chaosit master takes more then just reading the PD once or twice,and saying fnord all the time.Being a discordian should be about understanding the workings of the Goddess,whether you worship her or not.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: metapunk
To count lets just wonder how many discordians have ever truly thrown a golden apple, or participated in any activity which seriously disrupted the status quo, making funny faces at boring suburbanites and then running around giggling like you have heard some great secret is entertaining but I doubt that the cumulitive effect will alter their paradigm...

HAIL ERIS all HAil DISCORDIA...

1.  Dude, I've been screeching about this for two years.  What?  You thought you had a NEW idea?  Get in line, chump.

2.  Oh, JOY!  Another Bobby! *squeal!*
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.