News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

The Meta Rant

Started by Cain, September 26, 2005, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Rants are silly, because the vast majority of the audience are Discordians anyway.  The people who should be seeing them are the semi-Cabbages, the slightly pink (picked up from being surrounded by others of a darker pink hue), the people who have a vague feeling that something isnt quite right, but they cant put their finger on it.

We can protest and argue and sermonise to our hearts content to each other, but we've already recognized the problems and want to solve them.  Its the others out there, that need convincing.

I, the Apostate Cain, say unto you go forth!  Preach to the masses!  While many of these rants give a different and highly interesting view of Discordianism etc...they dont do much good just taking up bandwidth on a website so far off the beaten track it should have stumbled onto another by now.  They need to be out there, in the world, in places where people can be convinced, swayed, have discussions over them.  Otherwise we might as well be yelling into the wind.  Its kinda sad, but I dont want Discordianism to end up as something discussed among a small, obscure elite, like certain political doctrines.  But thats the way it seems to be going.

LHX

holy fuck

that is a great point

if we dont watch out this forum might become

(i dont know if i am allowed to say this word around here)

progressive?
neat hell

BADGE OF HONOR

Just gotta say, isn't that already in effect in the form of OM?  Or is that more just playing with people.  Cause, I don't know, preaching is pretty boring especially to the pinks who're questioning their shit already.  Who wants to get preached at, really?
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LHX

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodJust gotta say, isn't that already in effect in the form of OM?  Or is that more just playing with people.  Cause, I don't know, preaching is pretty boring especially to the pinks who're questioning their shit already.  Who wants to get preached at, really?

this is also a good point

but
some rants do not come across as preaching
neat hell

ataraxia

I was thinking about this just today. I may go write something for k5 sometime soon. Everybody else is welcome to do it to, of course :)

The only problem is that one of the old farts there is called Kallisti and I think that poster pwns me.
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain
Its the others out there, that need convincing.

I, the Apostate Cain, say unto you go forth!  Preach to the masses!

1.  Optimist. :lol:  If they COULD understand, they wouldn't be Pink.

2.  :lol:  You just want to see us get tossed off a cliff.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

metapunk

fucking sub-genii elitist, i hate the term pink, do i give a flying fuck, do i have any sympathy for your nazi fetishizing brutality posing as a religion, sure but I really don't think that sucking on the tit of capitalism and preaching a dead religion is going to alter the status quo so much as perpetuate the sense of naseua one feels at living.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: metapunkfucking sub-genii elitist, i hate the term pink, do i give a flying fuck, do i have any sympathy for your nazi fetishizing brutality posing as a religion, sure but I really don't think that sucking on the tit of capitalism and preaching a dead religion is going to alter the status quo so much as perpetuate the sense of naseua one feels at living.

That's the whole idea, Slappy.  Pinks are there to be punished.

Welcome to the rabbit hole, kid.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: metapunkfucking sub-genii buzzword, i hate the term pink, do i give a flying fuck, do i have any sympathy for your buzzword buzzword buzzword, sure but I really don't think that buzzphrase and preaching a dead religion is going to alter the status quo so much as tired cliche.
Fixed.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God
Quote from: metapunkfucking sub-genii buzzword, i hate the term pink, do i give a flying fuck, do i have any sympathy for your buzzword buzzword buzzword, sure but I really don't think that buzzphrase and preaching a dead religion is going to alter the status quo so much as tired cliche.
Fixed.

WOOT!  Next, can you please translate the next State of the Union address for us?

Oh, and the government is buying LOTS of Anthrax:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8044

I wonder why?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger.

2.  :lol:  You just want to see us get tossed off a cliff.

Well, yeah.  But I'm thinking if I can get hooks for my hands and my own Church I can be villified by all the papers for my raidcal preaching and get exported to a warmer country.

LMNO

Quote from: metapunkfucking sub-genii elitist, i hate the term pink, do i give a flying fuck, do i have any sympathy for your nazi fetishizing brutality posing as a religion, sure but I really don't think that sucking on the tit of capitalism and preaching a dead religion is going to alter the status quo so much as perpetuate the sense of naseua one feels at living.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you somone who just doesn't get it.

Technocracy

Quote from: metapunksucking on the tit of capitalism

Give me a minute I want to properly visualize that.....

Hmm, yeah take off the tip of the spire, give it a good skin tone paint job and by george!

It does look like an excited mammary.  I knew politicians were boobs but I had completely overlooked the visual clue our forefathers left us.  I guess you really do learn something every day.

I'm off to contemplate other washington monuments' freudian significance....

Because my life is worth more than yours

B_M_W

Don't forget the Washington Memorial!

BMW
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you somone who just doesn't get it.

Just another Bobbie, going thud.

Nothing to see here.