You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Rant 7: Fatback Grosseros.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 05, 2005, 04:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

B_M_W

Just a request: Was this rant towards anyperson in particular?

Otherwise, right on. Good to hear someones taking back the minds.

BMW (Too lazy to do it himself)
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_WannabeJust a request: Was this rant towards

Naw.  I was just cleaning out the old birdcage.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Hey Rog, that was great.  Do you mind if I repost this, giving you full credit, of course?  I'll even link to that pbfft.com page you use, if you want.

Cain

The common link of all politcal parties is that they want to give you freedom from things.  Freedom from fear of attack, freedom fom barbarians burning your house to the ground etc...but then they all take it too far, wanting to make you free from pr0n, free from having a court order to tap your phone, free from terrorists by destroying every other freedom...and no-one will change that, not even the most rabid laissez-faire/libertarian party will change that.  Only the identities change, never what they do.

fluffy

first one of your rants i saved to my stash in a while roger

yeah
i have an archive of the good shit from here

Technocracy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Problem is, the above description includes more and more Americans every year...so what they REALLY want to do is protect us from themselves...

Personally I think most of them are most interested in protecting themselves from us

There is a good reason why the founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms and it wasn't to hunt or form government ordained militias.  Funny how people who claim violence never solves anything always seem to be the first under the boot of those who think it does.

DC Bio Terror Sensor alert during march

That is something to ponder the next time you think it is a grand idea to all get together in one place known well in advance to protest something and try to make a statement

Because my life is worth more than yours

Cain

I cant tell you how much not having that right bothers me over here.  Yes, we dont get the assosciated gun crazies who shoot up schools, etc but that is another argument.  The firearms police over here (we have "unarmed" police as well, if you consider batons, CS spray and other nasties under that definition) are in more frequent use year after year, and not always for the right reasons.

"The Swiss are most armed and most free" Machiavelli once said.  I envy them.  Over here we are constantly dependent on the state for personal protection, and like Machiavelli again said "A wise leader will seek to have his subjects dependent on him in every way".  Alot of giving excessive powers to can be justified in protecting the public.

The gun laws here are a joke anyway.  The British pistol team for the Olympics now live nearly permamently in Switzerland, and the only people who did follow the law...were not the people who didnt deserve to have such weapons.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOHey Rog, that was great.  Do you mind if I repost this, giving you full credit, of course?  I'll even link to that pbfft.com page you use, if you want.

Sure.  Knock yourself out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fluffy
first one of your rants i saved to my stash in a while roger

yeah
i have an archive of the good shit from here

Are yuo saying the rest suck?

Ingrate!  Philistine!  

I AM TEH GENIUS IN PAIN!11@

:lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Technocracy
Personally I think most of them are most interested in protecting themselves from us

Naw...they have Fox News for that.  Face it, 99.5% of all Americans now consider themselves eager servants of the state, rather than the other way around.

There will be no revolution, as long as the television works.  If all TV stations (AND my internets) all failed at once, the people who didn't kill themselves would suddenly start noticing that we all live in cages...they'd start noticing that police care more about traffic stops than rapes, that what used to be New York City is actually a vast radioactive crater in which the Mushroom People(tm) rule...hideous, hideous...maybe hey are better off zoned out in front of the latest "Reality TV" show...

TGRR,
Feels another rant coming on.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger...they'd start noticing that police care more about traffic stops than rapes,

Yeah, cause you don't get fined for rape.  Gotta make those quottas to make the Sherriff and the Mayor happy.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger...they'd start noticing that police care more about traffic stops than rapes,

Yeah, cause you don't get fined for rape.  Gotta make those quottas to make the Sherriff and the Mayor happy.

No. it just means less paperwork, believe it or not.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: LMNOHey Rog, that was great.  Do you mind if I repost this, giving you full credit, of course?  I'll even link to that pbfft.com page you use, if you want.

Sure.  Knock yourself out.

Thanks.

::gets to work converting text to HTML::

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Goddamn!

Another column of writing that shows Amurricuh its own ugly face to itself.

Good job!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"