News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Rant #9: The n00b Rant.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 07, 2005, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

QuoteThis is not a twelve step program to enlightenment it's a one step program off a tall cliff into the unknown. You don't know how it will end but all indications are that it will be unpleasant after the first 10 feet or so

Nah, after a while of being in freefall, it almost becomes fun, you learn to enjoy that feeling of the air rushing around, the uncertainty of where you are or what you're doing.  And thats when  you get it bad, when you're awake at 3am changing Church posters for those of strip joints, or preparing to set fire to a fascist pigs prized garden, or even trying to stop international sports events in the name of fictious freedom fighting groups.

Not that I would do any of these said things.

Technocracy

I meant the end would be unpleasant but the enjoyable aspects of freefall are certainly a case by case basis. :D

Because my life is worth more than yours

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxiaHave another one of my epigrams, then.

"Discordians are humans too. Don't expect otherwise."

Not the really fun ones.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TechnocracyThis information only comes as a disappointment to those who were expecting something in the first place.  My only disappointment comes at the fact that I have yet to be contacted by the FBI to answer questions about any of you.

This is not a twelve step program to enlightenment it's a one step program off a tall cliff into the unknown.  You don't know how it will end but all indications are that it will be unpleasant after the first 10 feet or so. :twisted:

Thank God for that.  I hate 12-steppers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOWhat's amusing is that the motivation behind the thread that seems to have spawned this rant (and a pretty good one, as usual) actually has little to nothing to do with the contents of said rant.

Motivation?  What motivation?  I was just trying to help.

TGRR,
Had to renew his Ancient Wiseguy card, too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TechnocracyI meant the end would be unpleasant

Huh?  WHAT end?  I can't get ANY of you selfish bastards to kill me, no matter how I try.

fluffy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Discordians", for the most part, are just another group of primates, indulging in their petty dominance games

kettle: black

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fluffy
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger"Discordians", for the most part, are just another group of primates, indulging in their petty dominance games

kettle: black

I don't practice what I preach, because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to.

Now, please to get in the nice basket, Miss The Bunny.

The Doctor

Um, Reverend? That bunny is no ordinary bunny...indeed, I think you would be most wise to avoid that course of action....oh dear...
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

fnordiscordia

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The DoctorUm, Reverend? That bunny is no ordinary bunny...indeed, I think you would be most wise to avoid that course of action....oh dear...

Geez, thanks.  I only got here last week, and I don't know any fucking body.

The Doctor

Sorry, I just care too much, I guess.  8)
Priest, Church of Eris

-

fnordiscordia

LIKE ASS?

I BET IT TASTES LIKE ASS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The DoctorSorry, I just care too much, I guess.  8)

Well, stop.  Fluffy is my best shot at getting someone to kill me, because the rest of you fuckers are all too lazy.

The Doctor

I could always send a Dalek over to your place, you know. Just say the word.  8)
Priest, Church of Eris

-