News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Throwing down the gauntlet

Started by ataraxia, October 08, 2005, 12:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ataraxia

I promised a rant, and I'm delivering on it. Folks, we've got a serious problem. This place is sucking hard. I'm pissed and I'm done being reasonable.

First, we are suffering from misapplication of the STFU principle, that's not saying it, it's doing it. Far too many people are posting just to post. On slashdot this is called "crapflooding". Trolls and just plain bored people are posting so much that it's like to make my head explode trying to find some real content in here. Say what you've got to say, and not what you don't. I've been just as guilty of this as the next guy lately, and I intend to work on that.

Second, we're way too mean. Have you noticed that you can't post anything without it getting crapped on in some useless manner? Just because our topic is admittedly nebulous doesn't mean you can't make statements about it. Even admitting that you don't know is subject to complaint. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I know who and what I am, and no amount of flamage is going to change that.

Third, the trolls have taken over. (Some call them "Subgenii".) I hate to break it to you, but it's not your job to harass people into silence for the fun of it. I'm not going to play that game anymore. Are you trying to kill the board? What kind of sad shit is that? Look at all the old timers who have left for good. Look at the reasons why, and notice who's been responsible. Now realize who's been pwning this board.

Fourth, what's with all the politics? Take it elsewhere unless you've got a reason to post it here.

My plan is to ignore anything I don't like from here on in. I'm here by choice, and I'll experience it in the manner of my choosing as well. I hope I can convince the rest of you to do the same. Stop replying to crap. Don't even read stuff from the fuckwads you don't like. Fairly soon we'll see who's valuable here and who's not. (And if I turn out to be in the "not" crowd, I'll have the good grace to leave. You please do the same if it comes to it.)

I came here to read and post smart, fun, and philosophical stuff. And that includes "epigrams". Post all the laughing, pipe-smoking, dunce-cap-wearing smilies that you want, you will waste no more of my time. Go on, bitch and moan that you don't agree with this post and that I've got no right. Waaa, waaa.

So in conclusion, if you're a fucktard, go jump off a bridge somewhere. And if you're not one, help one do it.

Or kill me.
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

fnordiscordia

*SHITS ON YOUR POST*

GET A SENSE OF FUCKING HUMOR!

ITS CALLED WEEDING OUT THE WEAK!

The Doctor

Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

fnordiscordia

ataraxia

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamTHANKS!

NOW STFU!
You're the primary example of problem #1. Find something else to do when you're so goddamn bored.

fnordiscordia

HOW ABOUT I FOLLOW YOU AROUND AND KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE NUTS?

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

ataraxia

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamHOW ABOUT I FOLLOW YOU AROUND AND KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE NUTS?

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!
Your jokes blow too. You got any more ALL-CAPS hissy-fits about your daily life to spam us with this weekend?

fnordiscordia

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

AND YES! YES I DO!

The Doctor

Anyway, Ataraxia, what I was trying to say before was, very good rant. Your skills are improving.
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

Bella

Quote from: ataraxia
My plan is to ignore anything I don't like from here on in.

I already do this big time. If something's not interesting to me, I wander off in search of something shinier. It's made this forum a whole lot more enjoyable.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

fnordiscordia

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxiaI promised a rant, and I'm delivering on it. Folks, we've got a serious problem. This place is sucking hard. I'm pissed and I'm done being reasonable.

Oh, no!  Not THAT!

Quote from: ataraxiaFirst, we are suffering from misapplication of the STFU principle, that's not saying it, it's doing it. Far too many people are posting just to post.

Fuck you, dickhead?  Who are you to tell people what counts as a "good post".  We already have a board nanny, jackass.

Quote from: ataraxiaSecond, we're way too mean. Have you noticed that you can't post anything without it getting crapped on in some useless manner? Just because our topic is admittedly nebulous doesn't mean you can't make statements about it.

Weren't you just complaining about useless posts?  Make up your fucking mind.

Quote from: ataraxiaThird, the trolls have taken over. (Some call them "Subgenii".) I hate to break it to you, but it's not your job to harass people into silence for the fun of it. I'm not going to play that game anymore. Are you trying to kill the board? What kind of sad shit is that? Look at all the old timers who have left for good. Look at the reasons why, and notice who's been responsible. Now realize who's been pwning this board.

Attn:  Mister the Shithead:  We've been here a lot longer than you.  We took over 2 years ago.  As for old timers, Horab, Hugh, Bella, Myself, Malaul, LMNO, RBG, and many more of us are still here...and we'll be here long after you are gone.  Again, who the fuck are you to dictate who posts and how?  Shove it up your ass.

Quote from: ataraxiaFourth, what's with all the politics? Take it elsewhere unless you've got a reason to post it here.

See previous answer, board Nazi.

Quote from: ataraxiaMy plan is to ignore anything I don't like from here on in.

Good.  Maybe you won't whine so much.

Quote from: ataraxiaI came here to read and post smart, fun, and philosophical stuff.

More fool you, sucker.  Take it to romperroom.com

Quote from: ataraxiaSo in conclusion, if you're a fucktard, go jump off a bridge somewhere. And if you're not one, help one do it.

Sure.  Go stand by the edge.

Or kill me.

Wow...a board Nazi, AND unoriginal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamHOW ABOUT I FOLLOW YOU AROUND AND KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE NUTS?

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!
Your jokes blow too. You got any more ALL-CAPS hissy-fits about your daily life to spam us with this weekend?

You got any W-bullshit to bore us with?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

fnordiscordia

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE BECAME UNPOPULAR WITH THE BOARD'S PROMINENT MISANTHROPE!

WOULD YOU LIKE A BLINDFOLD?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamLOOKS LIKE SOMEONE BECAME UNPOPULAR WITH THE BOARD'S PROMINENT MISANTHROPE!

WOULD YOU LIKE A BLINDFOLD?

Nothing like a n00b complaining that the board has gone to hell. :lol:

Just wait until he learns the awful truth.