News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Is Maxwell Atoms (Grim and Evil cartoon) a discordian?

Started by godemperorofhell, October 11, 2005, 04:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

LMNO

Quote from: godemperorofhellDown here in Genhinnom, Mexico, where I live, we are having the latest season of "Billy and Mandy" as well as reruns of Evil con Carne (Malo con Carne in spanish) I am watching them at 5:00 am before I go to work.

Wouldn't you think, for the sake of consistency, that "Evil Con Carne" translated into Spanish should be "Malo with Meat"?

godemperorofhell

Quote from: LMNOWouldn't you think, for the sake of consistency, that "Evil Con Carne" translated into Spanish should be "Malo with Meat"?

I have stopped trying to understand the translator¬¥s logic, for example; DragonBall Z is translated as Dr?°gonb??l Zeta. "Billy and Mandy" is Las Sombr??as aventuras de Billy y Mandy (The Somber...) The Powerpuff Girls were originally "Las Chicas Coquetas"(the flirtsy girls) before going to the conventional; "Las Chicas Superpoderosas" (superpowerful...) And Ed, Edd and Edie is translated as "Unwatchable nonsense"
I have no heaven to pay.
I have no Hell to resist.

Discordian Pope Cäsänövä Fränkënstëïn the Younger, Chaplain of the Sacred Order of the Knights of the Living Dead,Lord of the Umlaut,  Scribe of the Congregation of the Sacred Acorn. Slayer of the Gosmolast

Señor Elegante

I agree Ed, Ed and Eddie is badly drawn and unwatchable. My favorite Billy and Mandy episodes were the baseball game episode (decrepit baby head!) and the beauty pageant episode (the one where mandy smiled).
"I don't believe in isms, i just believe in me" --JL
----------------------------
minutus cantorum
minutus balorum
minutus carborata
descendum pantorum

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I like Ed, Edd and Eddie, mostly because I grew up in a neighborhood with those kind of characters.  

I loved the episode where Many smiled and it tore apart the fabric of space time, hehehe.  I also like the teddy bear one, where Eris is the on selling the teddy bears.

The Doctor

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyI like Ed, Edd and Eddie, mostly because I grew up in a neighborhood with those kind of characters.  

I loved the episode where Many smiled and it tore apart the fabric of space time, hehehe.  I also like the teddy bear one, where Eris is the on selling the teddy bears.

:( Took me all afternoon to fix that, thank you very much.
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

Quote from: The Taco Spawn
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyI like Ed, Edd and Eddie, mostly because I grew up in a neighborhood with those kind of characters.  

You realise that just makes it funnier, right  :lol:

The Doctor

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: The Taco Spawn

You realise that just makes it funnier, right  :lol:

Yeah...*shrug* It's a living...
Priest, Church of Eris

-

Tonight's episode had Cthulu and people were being turned into tentacled monsters.  But, Cthulu is trapped in the phone lines forever now  :shock:

The Doctor

I heard a funny one yesterday. This lady told me about an anti-Palestinian protest she'd seen going on at her school a few years ago. They were chanting in English and Hebrew, so she infiltrated their crowd and convinced them that "Ia Ia Cthulhu F'thagn" meant "Peace and solidarity" in Hebrew. So they chanted that for a while.

:lol:
Priest, Church of Eris

-

B_M_W

Quote from: The Taco SpawnI heard a funny one yesterday. This lady told me about an anti-Palestinian protest she'd seen going on at her school a few years ago. They were chanting in English and Hebrew, so she infiltrated their crowd and convinced them that "Ia Ia Cthulhu F'thagn" meant "Peace and solidarity" in Hebrew. So they chanted that for a while.

PWNNED!

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO