News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

last night

Started by Horab Fibslager, October 31, 2005, 03:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

The Tick > all other "adult" cartoons

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BADGE OF HONOR

I dunno, Space Ghost is pretty awesome.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mangrove

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodI dunno, Space Ghost is pretty awesome.

i wanted to be space ghost when i was little....even made some armbands....[sigh]
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: East Coast HustleThe Tick > all other "adult" cartoons

8)

I want to argue with you, using Samurai Jack as my argument...but I'm not sure I can.  The Tick was teh pwn.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviii wanted to be space ghost when i was little....even made some armbands....[sigh]
Did you ever use your spank ray on yourself? :twisted:
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

I'm having an internal struggle between "The Tick" and "Sealab 2021"...

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Rabid Badger of GodI dunno, Space Ghost is pretty awesome.

i nmiss space ghost coast to coast almost as m uch as i miss texan weather.

<- likes it broiling hot.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: East Coast HustleThe Tick > all other "adult" cartoons

8)

The tic and aeon flux need to do a get together.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

East Coast Hustle

OK, here's my Aeon Flux story:

always saw the vignettes on MTV Liquid Television (back when MTV was still only about 95% sucky), but I always thought they were just random clips of this animation using the same characters. never knew there was any sort of cohesive plot, because they never showed them in any sort of order. so one day, I get my hands on some seriously high-test liquid LSD. I'm hell-bent on taking a large quantity of it, but I can't find anyone else to hang out with and do some with me. fucking pussies. So I ate 6 or 8 drops of this stuff and figured I'd go hang out in the big wooded park down the road and freak out by myself for a few hours. Got about 2 blocks down the street and it started POURING down rain and got really cold. well, cold for Seattle, anyway. So I went back to my buddy's house who's basement I was squatting in at the time and turned on the TV just in time to catch the very start of the 8 hour long, completely sequential Aeon Flux marathon on MTV. So I sat in rapt attention with a head full of some serious acid for 8 hours and watched Aeon Flux from beginning to end, and now I am the way I am today.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Heh. It did the trick.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Lord Daddy Lombrosis

So there actually IS a cohesive plot?  Damn, that was one of the reasons I liked Aeon Flux, I thought it didn't.

P.S. Duckman rulz, Space Ghost rulz, all else is ghey faggotry!!!1
-><-
Yeni istifadəçimizə: "Discordian, xoş gəldin!"-deyək!

Horab Fibslager

there are the shorts adn then there's the series.

teh dinction is alrgely(if i recall) teh shorts are the ones where aeon die alot, and it's basically all ultra violent balet so to say. the series had a crazy weird plot, an dlots of action too
Hell is other people.

fluffy

Quote from: Lord Daddy LombrosisSo there actually IS a cohesive plot?

only if you have dropped 6 or 7 hits of acid

otherwise
forget it

LMNO

I liked the shorts when she would die at the end of every one.

To me, it started sucking when they started putting dialogue in there.

Oh, and just because:

Hoshiko

Does Aqua Teen count? Goddamn, I love that show.

Shake-Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah...
Making people sorry they asked since 1983.

She got the speakers in the trunk
With the bass on crunk.