News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Metal

Started by Z³, November 16, 2005, 03:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: neongenesis816
QuotePig Destroyer (decent grindcore)
Agoraphobic Nosebleed is Pig Destroyers guitarists band correct?  They are similar, but I love how A.N. uses alot of Whitehouse-esque noise elements (screaming absurdities over scraping drone sounds).

And yeah, Burzum is a neo-nutzi poo face.

Also I like grindcore alot, as far as metal goes it tends to border on noise the most:
Napalm Death
Discordance Axis
Melt Banana

But I mainly enjoy Monolithic heavy sounds.  I pretty much WORSHIP Meshuggah's music.  It is groovey as fuck, and they pull out these riffs that burn buildings down from being so heavy.

Two of those bands were bands I was planning to add to todays list, and its not Napalm Death (any band that does not have any of its original members, well, I generally dont care for.) Anyway, good job.

Yeah, Simen Vikernes sucks.

I've never bothered really listening to meshuggah, but I might give them another try. I've always been more into the technical side of metal than well, the heavy side...

So anyway, more stuff that I forgot.

Borknagar (extremely technical epic black metal, norwegian, sometimes ICS Vortex does the heralding operatic vocals, which I actually like.)_
Capitalist Casualties (crust-punk 101, eight to ten second long songs, essentially really fast punk.)
Cthonic (taiwanese black metal, very very strange. Manage to preserve a lot of asian sounding progressions in their music, minor pentatonic scales and all that. www. )
The Black Mages (Nobuo Uematsu, the guy who wrote all the music for final fantasy, is in a metal band that performs it!)
Orodruin (more Doom, not half bad.)
Morgion (more Doom, bunch of pagans who write music about nature.)
Dystopia (east pay crust/sludge, really negative attitude about life, members of the Church of Euthanasia,  http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org .)
East/West Blast Test (members of Spazz and Discordinance axis team up.)
Creation is Crucifixion (very politically motivated grindcore, also damn good. http://www.creationiscrucifixion.com/ )

Incidentally, I am listening to Catch 33 for the first time... and I think its kind of cool, a little redudant but definately kind of funky. It reminds me A LOT of Obscura, by Gorguts, and I think you need to hear that right away.

What was your slsk addy again?

Quote from: Rev Who?Solitude Aeturnus--The godfathers of modern American Doom

listening to this right now... and I've listened to so muchfuneral doom that to me that this sounds a lot like Power Metal Lite... but I do like it, its just not that Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom.

neongenesis816

Glorious JOY.  The new Crowpath album leaked Today, and my friend from the Meshuggah board was kind enough to send it to me.

I cannot wait to be totally devastated yet again by this insanely brutal music. :twisted:

Schizzy

I'm really not up on good music simply because I don't have the money and space to get a bunch of CDs.  Maybe later I'll look into some of the bands you've mentioned.  I like metal sometimes.  Good role models for the youth.

neongenesis816

Quote from: SchizzyI'm really not up on good music simply because I don't have the money and space to get a bunch of CDs.  Maybe later I'll look into some of the bands you've mentioned.  I like metal sometimes.  Good role models for the youth.

I can't afford a loaf of bread.  I never buy cd's, I d/l'ed all of them.

neongenesis816

QuoteI've never bothered really listening to meshuggah, but I might give them another try. I've always been more into the technical side of metal than well, the heavy side...

Good god man, they are extremely technical.  The employ heavy use of polymetrics, and they play 8-string guitars, that are tuned all the way down to F.  Their music is very technical.

I will upload a track to yousendit.com in a minute and you can decide for yourself.

neongenesis816

Meshuggah - Straws Pulled At Random

Enjoy this you turdlings, as it is the heaviest, most beautiful things you've ever heard.  If the Monolith from 2001: A Space Oddessey had a metal band, this would be what it sounds like.  All the infinite wonders of the universe, and all you can look at is the massive red glow of Jupiter and wonder what 1:2:3 ratio block of ebony is doing floating there.

LMNO

QuoteI've never bothered really listening to meshuggah, but I might give them another try. I've always been more into the technical side of metal than well, the heavy side...

Good god man, they are extremely technical...  ...and they play 8-string guitars, that are tuned all the way down to F.  Their music is very technical.

I know it seems I'm always picking on you about this stuff but...

WTF?

LMNO
-Gets neurotic about this kind of stuff.

East Coast Hustle

Meshuggah = wanking, for the sake of wanking

not that I dislike them, mind you, I think they're listenable, if a bit pedestrian, but they are DEFINITELY wanking.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

neongenesis816

Quote from: erotic

Good god man, they are extremely technical...  ...and they play 8-string guitars, that are tuned all the way down to F.  Their music is very technical.

I know it seems I'm always picking on you about this stuff but...

WTF?

LMNO
-Gets neurotic about this kind of stuff.

I guess then just fuck you.  I've nothing more to discuss on this issue.

Cain

LMNO

Seriously.

I'm just wondering how tuning down and having an extra 2 strings on your guitar = technical.

LMNO
-Considers Robert Fripp "technical", on 6 strings and standard E tuning.

East Coast Hustle

cuz, like, there's TWO MORE STRINGS, man!

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Yeah, but is it One louder?

neongenesis816

Quote from: eroticSeriously.

I'm just wondering how tuning down and having an extra 2 strings on your guitar = technical.

LMNO
-Considers Robert Fripp "technical", on 6 strings and standard E tuning.

Just the rythmic style they have, as well as Frederick's soloing techniques.  You may call it wank, but it is nowhere near the wankyness that Slayer's guitar solo's are, or the idea of blastbeats.  Those are wank IMO.  Meshuggah is groove.