News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

We used to be a community

Started by Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy, November 17, 2005, 05:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGE OF HONOR

I had to read that in french.  I had no fucking clue what was going on.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

LMNO

agent compassion

Does it make any more sense in English?

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Malaclypse the Tertiary

Where the hell was I when we were talking with our genitals?

Can we go back to that?
Malaclypse the Tertiary, KSGI
Omnibenevolent Polyfather Nuevo of
The Grand Unified FruErisian Assembly (GUF:.EA)
and High, Wholy Abjermed of Head Temple,
Thornley Hill Cabal

http://frunet.org

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: agent compassionDoes it make any more sense in English?
I've never read it in English, but probably not.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Quote from: Rabid Badger of God
Quote from: agent compassionDoes it make any more sense in English?
I've never read it in English, but probably not.

On a scale from The Outsiders to Naked Lunch, how much sense does it make?

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: East Coast Hustlelamest post ever, including anything by Eric or cat~maxwell.

:?

No.  Cat Maxwell takes the award for PD Forum Top Retard-Lamo Posting.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It still is a community, btw.

It just depends on what your definition of community is.

It is true that when Eldora posts, almost immediately someone else makes an insult. But hasn't the fight been retired already between Eldora and whoever else was in it? Or do you wish me to put that horse down, again?

Please remember this, and it is a lesson learned anew this year by me and some others: Your character is first destroyed by the insults you fling, before any hurt or damage can be done to your victim. What's that, you say? Character? "Why would a Discordian(tm) need character?"

Why?

Because it shows you have a spine. Having a spine a lot of times means not flinging the insult, even if the victim is a supposed enemy.

Point: Some people seem to like creating web dramas and web enemies and web wars because they suck at life and need some electrical/virtual spice. How sad.

May Eris show them all the meaning of their miseries.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Verthaine

Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyWe used to be a community

We used to talk about how we felt.  We used to talk about everything.  We used to be able to.

1.  We still are.

2.  Bullshit.  We've ALWAYS been like this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSCPoint: Some people seem to like creating web dramas and web enemies and web wars because they suck at life and need some electrical/virtual spice. How sad.

May Eris show them all the meaning of their miseries.

On the other hand, some of us do it because we hate pretty much everybody.

No reason, we just do.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: VerthaineI understand how you feel Eldora,but there is one thing I think noone hear wants,and that is PD.Com becoming just another sappy perky pagan site.

This is the correct moonflower.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malaclypse the TertiaryWhere the hell was I when we were talking with our genitals?

Can we go back to that?

Not really.  It's not as interesting as you might think.

The conversations were all about pissing and fucking, and...oh, wait a minute...

Horab Fibslager

once upon a time, thso forum was fairly distinguishable from your average video game forum.

teh difference is, the mods on those are assholes.
Hell is other people.

Schizzy

Eldora, just because we agree in some ways about our chaotic and dissentful orientation towards society doesn't mean that we're all going to become a bunch of happy gay communists.