News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Rant 149: Can You Do That?

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, December 01, 2005, 10:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

No, being near other Colombians does that.  Their entire history is bloodsoaked quite easily without the help of anyone else.  The US just happens to support one group of bandits (the Government) because they get drugs out of it.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: East Coast Hustle

also, it's funny that Horab thinks that Canada is somehow different from America.

i don't.

however america is the shining example.

don't you just love putting words into the mouths of others?
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

I sure do. It's what makes me a better AMERICAN(tm).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Horab Fibslager

Naw.  That's why we have you, Horab.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

yes marginalizing you  since 2003 eh?

you are untrustworthy?

please don't confuse me with yourself.

i am better than you not because i must convince myself, but because you keep digging.

i wonder when you will hit bottom. when you will stop treating other people as if they are your toys.

but then i remember. it never stops.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

yes marginalizing you  since 2003 eh?

you are untrustworthy?

please don't confuse me with yourself.

i am better than you not because i must convince myself, but because you keep digging.

i wonder when you will hit bottom. when you will stop treating other people as if they are your toys.

but then i remember. it never stops.

See?  This is EXACTLY why you are my favorite adherent.  You embody everything that I stand for.

TGRR,
Thinks Horab makes being a God FUN!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Horab Fibslager

yes, i am your toy.

continue to play with me roger.

like you play with everyone else.

we are all here so you may have your fun.
Hell is other people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Horab Fibslageryes, i am your toy.

continue to play with me roger.

like you play with everyone else.

we are all here so you may have your fun.

You know, it's moments like these that make my internets worthwhile.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

This is the funniest thread I've read all day.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from:  This is the funniest thread I've read all day.

See?  Unlike OTHER Gods, I deliver the goods.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: East Coast Hustle

umm, VERY few people were EVER burned at the stake for being witches. please to be researching the veracity of your claims before making them.

also, it's funny that Horab thinks that Canada is somehow different from America.

TURD is right on both counts here.

Canada is just a large slightly independent state of the USA. Outside of the artificially maintained Quebec culture, what makes Canadians different from Americans? Not the accent. They speak like us. Or at least those of us who live north.

As for witch executions: Probably no more than 50,000 were executed for the crime of witchcraft, and that is the liberal count. Of those, I really don't know how many were burned as opposed to cut up or strangled. Each country had it's preferred methods.

At the time of the witch hunts (Early Modern to mid/late 1700's), far more heretics, jews, and various Christians were executed. Also, far more people died in warfare and uprisings during this time than by any other cause.

So in perspective, even though the Witch Hunt idea has a lot of power as a symbol in today's world. It is not historical.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

hooplala

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSC
Canada is just a large slightly independent state of the USA.

No.

Quote from: Irreverend Death to Poultry, KSCOutside of the artificially maintained Quebec culture, what makes Canadians different from Americans? Not the accent. They speak like us. Or at least those of us who live north.

Quite true.  The difference is you cannot buy Slim Jims in Canada.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Sorry, as far as I can see, Canada is the good conscience and 53rd state of the USA.  You have to get in line behind the UK and Israel, unfortunately.

hooplala

I just chalk that up to unfortunate geographical setting.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: CainSorry, as far as I can see, Canada is the good conscience and 53rd state of the USA.  You have to get in line behind the UK and Israel, unfortunately.

No, but Israel is simply the sixth burrough of New York City.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"