News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by Enrico Salazar, December 05, 2005, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enrico Salazar on December 05, 2005, 03:10:24 PM
Last night Enrico found a peanut.  

It made him think of Jimmy Carter and the time Enrico had lunch with him and Margaret Trudeau.  Was in 1978, and lunch was held at Russian Tea Room in New York City - do not get hopes up, place has NOTHING to do with tea-bagging as Enrico knows it.  Is just for food.  Is sad.

During appetizers Jimmy Carter noticed tattoo on Enrico's hand of three black circles, one large and other two smaller.  He asked what these tattoos meant.  Enrico was outraged for few moments, after all lunch was supposed to be about management of world garbage and this clown asks about tattoo?  Then Enrico realized that tattoos can be cultural signposts . . . like tattoos on people in New Zealand . . . he relaxed and put down steak knife he had been ready to plunge into Carter's peanut loving neck.

Enrico explained that tattoos represented Salazorian cartoon Ricardo Rat, and that Enrico had been fan-club El Presidente as tiny child.  He had only been El Presidente for few weeks, though, then he killed the treasurer and vice El Presidente, took over offices and became Ricardo Rat Fan Club Generalissimo.  What can he say?  Is in his blood.

Margaret Trudeau asked if that was first tattoo Enrico ever got, and he laughed long and loud.  No, he said through chuckles, he got first tattoo at age five, then opened shirt and showed vulture with wings spread across chest.   Coincidentally enough, Margaret Trudeau also received first tattoo at age of five . . . she got tattoo of some freak cartoon character named Mickey Mouse . . . Enrico never heard of him.  Sounds like bullshit.

Jimmy Carter had never got tattoo, so Enrico and Margaret got him drunk and tattooed the words "Tricky Dick" on his chest.

What are your tattoos?

I have no tattoos.  However, if anyone can put a tattoo INSIDE my skin, I want a big "EAT A DICK" on the inside of my chest, so when I finally die, the coroner will find out what I really think of him and his fucking Rolex.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Vene

Quote from: Suu on February 20, 2009, 03:57:41 AM
I'm loving the random IMs I'm getting now from my curious friends.

"You put a sewing machine on your back?"

"That's...not English, is it?"

"I don't get it, why did you put Ancient Greek with a vintage sewing machine?"

"You're...weird."

:mrgreen:
Nice.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 20, 2009, 03:58:02 AMI have no tattoos.  However, if anyone can put a tattoo INSIDE my skin, I want a big "EAT A DICK" on the inside of my chest, so when I finally die, the coroner will find out what I really think of him and his fucking Rolex.
:lulz: I about died.

Pariah

"You're...weird."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Requia ☣

SUU: What the hell does that say?

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Suu

Quote from: KC on February 20, 2009, 04:03:22 AM
SUU: What the hell does that say?

Quote from: Suu on February 20, 2009, 01:48:52 AM
Bamf. It says (in Greek) Apo Mechanes Theos, which of course, is the ever so popular theatrical device we have all known to love as the calque Deus Ex Machina, aka, God from the Machine.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Zenpeanut

I got the Chao done 2 months ago since all the cool kids are doing it

Protip: getting a decent shot of something on your back is nigh impossible.

fomenter

reflective surface oh shit what are those things called....

oh ya a mirror?

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Raphaella

"You're...weird."

That is priceless.
I love your new ink! I think it really reflects the interesting, creative person that you are.
I have kicked around the idea of getting one, but I have to admit that I am a bit of a wuss. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

To put it into perspective of it's size:

Oh work is gonna feel GREAT today.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Phineas T. Poxwattle

Suu that's awesome! I love the ancient greek + vintage sewing machine. Was the saying originally greek? Or is that just another layer of clever anachronism?

hooplala

It was originally Greek.  But the Latin phrasing is much more common for whatever reason.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Deus ex Machina is a calque of Apo Mechanes Theos. The actual theatrical device was created by the Greek playwrights, and then you know, the Romans stole it because they could.

I went with Greek because...

A: It looks cooler
B: It makes stupid people wonder why I have fraternity letters on my back
C: I am part Greek (I am also part Roman I'm sure but...meh)

Of course my nickname for a while was Drama Queen, pretty much all through high school and college, and unfortunately not really in a positive light, so, you know, to add to the humor. So I went from the Drama Queen to the Sewing Goddess who makes theatrical and reenactment costumes...Bam.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Suu that is beautiful!!!  Your artist did a great job.  I presume you designed this? 

You did get it in one of the most painful places.  The only places worse or the wrists, hands and feet or so I have heard. 

Just beautiful!!

Suu

I gave him a picture of a sewing machine and a printout of the Greek, he did the rest. I just gave him the elements.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Suu on February 20, 2009, 08:26:23 PM
I gave him a picture of a sewing machine and a printout of the Greek, he did the rest. I just gave him the elements.

you are so lucky to have a talented tattoo artist.  I can't find a good freehand guy here in St. Louis.