News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Is anybody besides me seriously disappointed with

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 07, 2005, 05:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The seerI'll tell you something that's making me sick right now roger.

Moaning ringtones, now for your mobile...

:(  :(  :( It's all so depressing.

Just another reason to smite.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chlorine

I kind of like what the world's got already

for example

- A gravitational pull that compliments our rollercoasters well
- the color green
- octopi

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ChlorineI kind of like what the world's got already

for example

- the color green
- octopi

Yuo forgot:

Tom DeLay,
Alberto Gonzalez,
and
Carrot Top.

All of the above are not equal to a single Giant Mutated Man Eating Hamster.

That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

neat hell

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: ChlorineI kind of like what the world's got already

for example

- the color green
- octopi

Yuo forgot:

Tom DeLay,
Alberto Gonzalez,
and
Carrot Top.

All of the above are not equal to a single Giant Mutated Man Eating Hamster.

That is all.

Why the hate for Carrot Top, because his hair is redder than yours, and fluffier  :lol:

Cain

Fact: all this would be far too exciting, chaotic and interesting, probably making people re-evaluate certain viewpoints.  The crushing grey grind of CIA secret prisons, the PATRIOT Act, creeping autocracy and so forth are boring, long term, orderly things that can be controlled.

One-Eyed Thayne Magee

Quote from: The Good Reverend Rogerthe world?

Where are the giant robots?  Where are the mutant morays?  The alligators in the sewers?
Why is it that we have only ourselves to fight?  I mean, world wars are amusing, but they've been done.  Where the hell are the bug-eyed

Why is there no D*ctor Doom?  
aliens, come to carry off our wimmenfolk?

Even in deepest Africa, there are no dinosaurs stomping around, gobbling up the locals.  And THEN, to top it all off, some fuckwads deep-sonar'd Loch Ness, and PROVED that there is no beastie!  Well, aren't YOU assholes the clever ones?  THANKS FOR PEELING BACK THE VINYL, YOU JACKASSES!

There are no cannibal faeries in Ireland.  No redcaps, even.

No Ogopogo monster.

It's...just...plain...WRONG.  And it cannot be allowed to continue like this.

Or kill me.
you don't understand. they just want you to think there's no monster in the loch. she's there. hell there's probably dozens  and dozens of them. same with the dinosaurs. shit, i've seen the dinosaurs and the aliens and big foot alive and well and roaming the streets looking for fresh meat.
we will march down the road with boners!

hey! i can't find my glass eye.
where's my eye?
can't find it without it.
shit!  i think i caulked my eye.

Horab Fibslager

maybe you should do somethign abotu it, instead of blaming others for it.

certainly, if you prefer a world iwth giant mutant abominations and doctor dooms then you shoudl labour to make some.

on the other hand, THEY want you to believe and day dream in these make believe fantasy worlds, because it keeps you maleable in Their grasp.

i love the blinding light fo the silver screen.
it's phosphourous sheen
takes all my worries away.
there is no death nor starving
no famine or disease
in my dreams.
godamn it i love the silver screen.
Hell is other people.

LHX

neat hell

Horab Fibslager

there's nothing liek the real thing.

no ned to trust me on this.

go find out for yourself.

recruiters are standing by to take your call.

then again fuck the recruiters, go downtown and LOOK around.
look past what you normally pay attention to,
and pay attention to what you normally look past.

and don't dare claim you do any different.
Hell is other people.

LHX

there is nothing other than the real thing

the fact that i would prefer to be stepped on by a giant fire breathing gorilla than have to think about getting handled by 'administration' is a real fact

poverty isnt fake
neat hell

Mangrove

Quote from: Baron von HooplaDidn't Crowley own a castle on the banks of Loch Ness?

He owned Boleskine House (it's not a castle). Jimmy Page bought it some time later. Currently in private ownership by people who really don't want OTO members visiting them.

For Roger: There's a book called Ancient Traces by Michael Baigent that reviews certain 'mysteries' that might appeal to you. The rediscovery of the Coelocanth fish, the fossilized footprints that are supposed to show humans contemporaneous with dinosaurs, some odd African jungle monster thingy, some odd Canadian 'nessie' type beastie.

I can't vouch for it's provenance but it might soothe the pain.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Michael Baigent also wrote that book on the Priory of Sion, where he got duped by a group of French fascists/part of Operation Gladio and thought he'd found the descendants of Jesus.  His credibility took a blow after that, just letting you know.

hooplala

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviisome odd Canadian 'nessie' type beastie.

Probably the Ogopogo that Roger referred to?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: LHXthere is nothing other than the real thing

the fact that i would prefer to be stepped on by a giant fire breathing gorilla than have to think about getting handled by 'administration' is a real fact

poverty isnt fake

the original postwould seem to disagree.

roger is disapointedthatthe real everyday horrors are not enough.

he demands some romantic abomination to lessen the burden ofavertinghis eyes from the horrors down the street. he's disappointed that  there is only famine and disease and conquest and genocide and capitlaism to suffer.

he wants something he can point at and say "this is the cause of our problems. this is evil."

or so the original post apparently indicates.
Hell is other people.