News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Jesus Died for YOU

Started by HeDiedForYou, October 24, 2003, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Tao Jones

QuoteIsn't it funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Who let this guy/girl in?

FYI

1. Elijah was crude.

2. Christianity has oppressed people for thousands of years. It was forced on people. Any suppression is due to fairness to other religions that basically same the same thing. I.E. "you reap what you sow" (Karma) "Do unto others" (Confuscious) both Budha and Christ claimed to save the world from death, christians took reincarnation out of the Bible, orthodox Jews still believe in it. Both claimed they faced temptation of worldly desires and resisted.

The suppression thing is like the 10 commandment statue.

Christians say us over everyone else, your tax money should pay for our statues, not yours, and when someone says "that's not fair to the rest of us that have freedom of religion" then the Christians cry "you're suppressing Christianity!"

Christ was quite indignant about religion and the religious leaders of his time. He was anti-establishment, then a bunch of controlling assholes made an establishment that was entirely opposite of what he was talking about, about him.

Now that's some ironic Chaos.
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Cthulhu's Advocate

Jesus was the original hippy!
This message brought to you by Cthulhu and the Anti-Greyface Leauge of Maui, Kentucky.

God is a Transvestite chicken.

Prince Tao Jones

Unlike Budha,  Jesus hung out with hookers.

My kind of messiah.
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Trollax

Well everyone has their own little failings, and that is (ideally) where the next generation picks up from, sadly, not so. buddha's nephew (the one who had too much fun to become a monk) was actually instrumental in convincing him to go easy on the role of women, and Ananda (by all accounts) was quite an even-handed man when it came to women in the monastery.

But that's ancient history.....

EvilPoet

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDWell everyone has their own little failings, and that is (ideally) where the next generation picks up from, sadly, not so. buddha's nephew (the one who had too much fun to become a monk) was actually instrumental in convincing him to go easy on the role of women, and Ananda (by all accounts) was quite an even-handed man when it came to women in the monastery.

But that's ancient history.....
Indeed it is.

QuoteAnanda was born in Kapilavatthu and was the Buddha's cousin, being the son of Amitodana, the brother of the Buddha's father, Suddhodana. It was during the Buddha's first trip back to Kapilavatthu after his enlightenment that Ananda, along with his brother Anuruddha and his cousin Devadatta, became a monk. He proved to be a willing and diligent student and within a year he became a Stream-Winner. The monk's life gave Ananda great happiness and his quiet, unassuming nature meant that he was little noticed by the others until he was selected to be the Buddha's personal attendant. While some people develop the qualities that lead to enlightenment through meditation or study, Ananda did it through the love and concern he had for others. Just before the Buddha attained final Nirvana, Ananda began to cry, saying to himself: "Alas, I am still a learner with much still to do. And the teacher is passing away, he who was so compassionate to me." The Buddha called Ananda into his presence and reassured him that he had developed his mind to a very high degree through his selflessness and love and that if he made just a bit more effort he too would attain enlightenment. [source: The Buddha and His Disciples]

Prince Tao Jones

Yeah, but what does that have to do with hookers?

Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

MedeoPlusPlus

1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

EvilPoet

Quote from: Tao JonesYeah, but what does that have to do with hookers?
I once read a Zen story about a brothel. *thinks a minute* Other than that loose tie-in, I have no idea.

Prince Tao Jones

I think it was St. Augustine, or maybe Francis of Assisi, that said prostitutes are like the sewage system in a castle.

Without them, the shit just builds up in your house.

maybe I could be a Catholic afterall.

Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It's true. If it weren't for prostitutes, our world leaders would have already plunged us into nuclear hellhole.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

EvilPoet

Quote from: Tao JonesI think it was St. Augustine, or maybe Francis of Assisi, that said prostitutes are like the sewage system in a castle.
St. Thomas Aquinas was the one who said that. To quote from this article:

QuoteProstitutes were a necessary evil, according to the medieval theologian Thomas Aquinas, as they were permitted by God in order to prevent male lust from becoming totally out of control. "Sewers," he noted, "are necessary to guarantee the wholesomeness of palaces." Otherwise, Aquinas worried, "sodomy" and worse crimes might result. While the money paid to prostitutes is paid for an unlawful purpose, according to Aquinas, the giving itself is not unlawful and the woman could retain what she received. In other words, prostitutes protect the "good" women of the family from the demands of male sin.

Prince Tao Jones

Thanks for the pragmatic clarrification.

I was raised protestant, never has the Saint bubble gum cards.

(wouldn't trade Thomas' for anything)

Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

EvilPoet

You're very welcome Tao Jones.

QuoteI was raised protestant, never has the Saint bubble gum cards.

(wouldn't trade Thomas' for anything)
Save the Saints! Collect the whole set.

Prince Tao Jones

I was just joking about that.

That's ridiculous.

Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

riff

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCIt's true. If it weren't for prostitutes, our world leaders would have already plunged us into nuclear hellhole.

Ahem.  The politically correct term is "Tantric Engineers".
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.