Quote from: Malaulcats would be super dangerous if they had oposable thumbs

we would not be needed anymore

Cats rule the world anyway.

that they do...

Malaul

you are all purrrrrrfectly correct
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

bob-o

wasn't the bible writen by people who thought the earth was flat?
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

null-n-void

I saw somebody mention the leviticus 'man with a man as with a woman' thing.

Apparently, that's a mistranslation. The hebrew word in there (can't remember what it was) is translated as 'bed' or 'couch' about 50 times in the KJV. In that verse, however, homophobia has morphalized the translation.

It supposedly really said something like 'a man should not lie with another man in his wife's bed.'

After I learn Greek, I'll learn Hebrew and check it out. (Not in this decade.)

~~~~Closed~~~~

I'm more of a dog person...

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: bob-owasn't the bible writen by people who thought the earth was flat?
no the bible was written in times where the majority of the people thought that the earth was flat. the writers of the bible knew better but decided that it was better to play into popular misconception then to be lynched.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Quote from: null-n-voidI saw somebody mention the leviticus 'man with a man as with a woman' thing.

Apparently, that's a mistranslation. The hebrew word in there (can't remember what it was) is translated as 'bed' or 'couch' about 50 times in the KJV. In that verse, however, homophobia has morphalized the translation.

It supposedly really said something like 'a man should not lie with another man in his wife's bed.'

yeah yeah yeah ... something like that... I never understood those that beleieve that christianity has anything to do against homosexuality but then again I'm a christian.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: null-n-voidI saw somebody mention the leviticus 'man with a man as with a woman' thing.

yeah yeah yeah ... something like that... I never understood those that beleieve that christianity has anything to do against homosexuality but then again I'm a christian.

surely it has nothign to do with sodom and gamorha?

\in fact i'm quit esure if you went up to a priest fella from isreal who had been workign with the original hebrew all his life and asked if homosexcuality was ok accoring to his version, he'd start laughing and telling you that if yaweh had a hell you'd be going straight to it.

biob-o , the world is flat. get over it.
Hell is other people.

null-n-void

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis...I'm a christian.

Just curious, why? What makes you think Christianity is any truer than Hinduism, Islam, et al.?

I can never understand why people who are aware of the brainwashing remain Christian. I used to be Christian, but soon I realized that the only reason I was Christian was because I had been brainwashed since I was born. God had never 'spoken' to me. I had never felt the Holy Spirit. The argument that the Bible was auto-true didn't make sense: other religions have their own 'divinely inspired' scriptures. The only reason I was Christian was because I was born in a Christian family. If I had been born in a Muslim family, I'd be a Muslim. If I had been born in a Shintoist family, I'd be Shintoist.

So my question, again, is: why Christianity over the rest?

~~~~Closed~~~~

because like you said, brainwashed.

Quote from: Citizen Fibslagersurely it has nothign to do with sodom and gamorha?

\in fact i'm quit esure if you went up to a priest fella from isreal who had been workign with the original hebrew all his life and asked if homosexcuality was ok accoring to his version, he'd start laughing and telling you that if yaweh had a hell you'd be going straight to it.

biob-o , the world is flat. get over it.
The problem in sodom and gamorha was humans haveing intimate sexual relations with angels...

and of course this priest would also answer without any social conventions( like his cultures mainstream values or the morals of his parents the pressure of his peers.) discolouring his vision?!?!?

love the If yaweh had a hell line... ( 1-800-JHV-HELL heeehehehhehhee)

blessed be.

Quote from: null-n-void

Just curious, why? What makes you think Christianity is any truer than Hinduism, Islam, et al.?

I can never understand why people who are aware of the brainwashing remain Christian. I used to be Christian, but soon I realized that the only reason I was Christian was because I had been brainwashed since I was born. God had never 'spoken' to me. I had never felt the Holy Spirit. The argument that the Bible was auto-true didn't make sense: other religions have their own 'divinely inspired' scriptures. The only reason I was Christian was because I was born in a Christian family. If I had been born in a Muslim family, I'd be a Muslim. If I had been born in a Shintoist family, I'd be Shintoist.

Oh i'm sorry are you asking me this on a Discordian board?!?!?

So you were raised discordian?!?!?

Or is the question " why Do you still believe in the truth even though people can use the truth to brainwash"?!?!?

so you are asking me about my believes based on your personal experience?!?!?

So because of the fact that other religions have divinely inspired text's means the divinely inspired text I mainly use is wrong?!?!?

I have also on this board talked about being buddist, how come no one has asked me these questions about being buddist?!?!?

and last and not least I was raised in a household that practices animist shamanism... so yes that is also a part of my background... but I fail to see what that has to do with my chosen religion.

blessed be.

Quote from: null-n-void

oooopppps. I forgot to address another point you asked about... Have I ever said that Christianity is any truer than Hinduism, Islam, et al.?
I don't recall this but please point it out to me if I have.

Das Raddiche

JESUS ON THE DASHBOARD!!!  

"The revolution will not be televised"   --Gil Scott Heron

Quote from: Malignus The MalignantJESUS ON THE DASHBOARD!!!  
how did he get there?!?!?... I thought he was in jail!

weird.