News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

My gothy poem won an award.

Started by Schizzy, January 14, 2006, 05:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schizzy

I was surfing the net and saw an ad saying I can win money if I enter a poem at poetry.com, so I thought up a poem off the top of my head.  They thought it was good enough to include it in a book called Eternal Portraits, an audio album called The Sound of Poetry, and it got an Editor's choice award, which only 33 people get.  So far I haven't won any money though, and admittedly, I shelled out 25 paper gods just to see my poem in a book.  Maybe it'll win money in one of these contests they're running me through, and I'll be a happy schmuck.  The poem is called

Contrarywise

Eris holds me in her hand,
While vampires gape at Wonderland,
Heaven or H*** or purgatory,
Says the Devil God with the pyramid story,
In paradox, an anxious solace,
Here in Heaven's Devil's palace.

Thank ya.  Thank ya very much.
::dodges a barrage of tomatos::

The Good Reverend Roger

If angels could read that poem, they would die.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Schizzy

Thank you, thank you.  ::sniffs and wipes away the tears::  Now look.  I've gone and blemished myself.  If you'll excuse me, I need to repaint my mascera.  At least the shirt's already black.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Soft-boiled penisThank you, thank you.  ::sniffs and wipes away the tears::  Now look.  I've gone and blemished myself.  If you'll excuse me, I need to repaint my mascera.  At least the shirt's already black.

Georgina feels your pain.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Schizzy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Soft-boiled penisThank you, thank you.  ::sniffs and wipes away the tears::  Now look.  I've gone and blemished myself.  If you'll excuse me, I need to repaint my mascera.  At least the shirt's already black.

Georgina feels your pain.

Georgie!  Come back to me!  We can live in eternal torment!  We can make it work!