News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

the triumph of maybe logic (?)

Started by LHX, December 22, 2005, 03:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

Quote from: Jean-Paul FartreWe are in a sea of information that is now proven to be indestructible.

For us to feel as if we understand, we label, assign limits, delineate rules and place it into our constructed system.

when can a person say that this turns out to be a bad approach?

we cant destroy information
but
we cant categorize it all or we explode

so
a "maybe" approach could be the only chance a person has

when you convert something to maybe
all information seems to retain validity (truth)

at that point
the 'truth' might become less mysterious and more blatantly obvious
neat hell

Jean-Paul Fartre

[/quote]

there IS a god and he IS watching
vs
there might be a god and he might be watching

how else can you send someone down the wrong path than by selling them a definitive reality?[/quote]

Do you mean something (idea of a god) may or may not be?  What is to be?

It means whatever we want it to mean and that's the problem because we take everything for granted, even existence/reality.

In the end, everything is pointless and glorious, even your nana.
...un homard est-il plus ridicule qu'un chien, qu'un chat, qu'une gazelle, qu'un lion ou toute autre bête dont on se fait suivre ? J'ai le goût des homards, qui sont tranquilles, sérieux, savent les secrets de la mer, n'aboient pas... -- Gérard de Nerval

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco," which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. -- Norton I

LHX

Quote from: erotic
Quote from: Rev Thwack
the only way you can broadcast false information seems to rely on 'IS'

there IS a god and he IS watching
vs
there might be a god and he might be watching

How about:
god exists and watches all.

Also:

The "is" appears to be hidden, but still there.

In E-prime:

The concept commonly referred to as "God" seems to exist for me in my current belief system, and it is my opinion that he watches all, as improbable as that may sound.

either that
or
the statement might be absolutely meaningless and not even worth the breath
neat hell

Jean-Paul Fartre

...un homard est-il plus ridicule qu'un chien, qu'un chat, qu'une gazelle, qu'un lion ou toute autre bête dont on se fait suivre ? J'ai le goût des homards, qui sont tranquilles, sérieux, savent les secrets de la mer, n'aboient pas... -- Gérard de Nerval

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco," which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. -- Norton I

Jean-Paul Fartre

why should there be explosions if we categorize?

Everything seems to be everything and the meaning therefore is lost.

We are god and we live in the world of our own making with semantics not making a lick of diffference.

LHX

Quote from: Jean-Paul Fartre

It means whatever we want it to mean and that's the problem because we take everything for granted, even existence/reality.

yes

we passed this understanding a few decades ago

everything is pointless and glorious until there is a gun in your mouth or no food in sight

what triggers off that defense mechanism in people?

'what is to be?'
'my reality tunnel' blah blah fuck

save that shit for a philosophy prof

its like a dry wind blowing when it is already cold outside
neat hell

LMNO

[playing nice]

Farts, you seem to be missing the point of maybe logic and e-prime.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/eprime.htm

http://www.maybelogic.org/academy2.htm

[/playing nice]

LMNO

Quote from: Jean-Paul Fartrewhy should there be explosions if we categorize?

Cf: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence.  The protagonist went insane via catagorization.

QuoteEverything seems to be everything and the meaning therefore is lost.

Barstool experiment.

QuoteWe are god and we live in the world of our own making with semantics not making a lick of diffference.

Prove it.

LHX

We are god and we live in the world of our own making with semantics not making a lick of diffference.

and yet we still endure an environment what consists of folks who still operate as tho the words are really real

and that they do make a very significant difference

personally
the reason why i bring it up

is these people have the ability to make it uncomfortable for everybody else

plus
the joke has become pretty lame
for me
personally
neat hell

LMNO

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: LHX

yes
we passed this understanding a few decades ago
everything is pointless and glorious until there is a gun in your mouth or no food in sight
what triggers off that defense mechanism in people?
'what is to be?'
'my reality tunnel' blah blah fuck
save that shit for a philosophy prof
its like a dry wind blowing when it is already cold outside

So... Conan Doyle is the only one who got it right?  Maybe? Nonetheless, I think you could take Conan Doyle because maybe he had an addiction and no: I wasn't talking of you fighting him now that he's dead as it would be unfair.

Thanks to maybe something, we can apply maybe to everything, maybe.  Fun (maybe)!  A(maybe) distraction, for sure!

I do like your idea of the explosion from that ultimate categorization thing.  Perhaps a cult is in order?  I'll let you name it, maybe.

JPF

p.s.  I NOW COMPLTETLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID (except for the explosion thing because I just have no idea where you got that from).  
I however am absolutely convinced that PERHAPS should replace MAYBE in all future conversations as maybe is perhaps incorrect.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: LHX

and yet we still endure an environment what consists of folks who still operate as tho the words are really real and that they do make a very significant difference personally the reason why i bring it up is these people have the ability to make it uncomfortable for everybody else plus the joke has become pretty lame for me personally

It's a matter of taste, sadly.  All sorts of preferences out there and not all of them corresponded with yours, no?

Boo hoo so much it hurts.  You got it very bad, yes?

Hardly anybody understands.... whaa.

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: Baron von HooplaMaybe.

Perhaps?

hooplala

Quote from: Baron von HooplaMaybe.

Perhaps?

Could be.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman