News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

B.ella's Magical Mystery Thread

Started by Bella, January 13, 2006, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJRubberducky

Speaking of sigils and social manipulation, I will in two weeks be starring in what has got to be the gayest play on earth.  As in, they've got a girl (me) playing a drag queen and a guy playing a lesbian just so the archetypes are that exaggerated.  (Okay, it's really because we went from a cast of six to a cast of three in about a week, but hey!)

Anyway, if we print programs for the play, what sort of sigil should I sneak onto the page somewhere?  Any good words or phrases y'all can think of for this sort of sneakiness?  "Ten percent is not enough - recruit!" is just a little too vague for a sigil IMO. ;)
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Acoge

heavily moderated?!?!?

Dictionary
heav¬?i¬?ly (hĕv'ə-lē)
adv.
With a great weight or burden: heavily laden.
Very slowly and with difficulty; laboriously: walking heavily through the snow.
Greatly or severely: heavily in debt.

mod¬?er¬?ate (mŏd'ər-ĭt)
adj.
Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.
Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.

Of medium or average quantity or extent.
Of limited or average quality; mediocre.
Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics or religion.

thats going inot my oxymoron collection.

I completelt understand that this post my become missing and am prepared to pay a small ransom for it.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Netaungrot"Bite It Off"

On further reflection, the vertical axis should be scooted over to the left a little bit.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

DJRubberducky

Quote from: erotic"Aim for the chin."

I like this one a little better because it actually forms a closed square.  I mean, without making any of the letters look *too* distorted. :)
- DJRubberducky

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Zorga, Oracle of Rum

Zorga wishes to be moderated by her sister.
:evil:
Piffle

Tantrums don't work on this family.
We breed demons and devil squerrils.

DJRubberducky

I've been kicking around the idea of making a necklace for a friend of mine, and just filling it with very generic energy.  He's running an RPG for us that's set in prehistoric Australia, and I have these drilled bits of amethyst that would work really well in primitive-style jewelry (if they weren't purple, they might even look like teeth), so that was going to be the pretext under which I gave it to him.

The reason I was drawn to the amethysts is that I read *somewhere* that they can help men find good mates, and he has been a little down about his love situation lately.  But since I respect him as a friend, I didn't want to make a "love charm" per se without getting his permission.  And amethysts are pretty versatile, so the actual intent I wanted to put into the necklace was to make the amethysts really damn good at being amethysts, and then let him decide what properties he wanted them to have in his life, if any.

And the main reason I mention this at all is it got me thinking on the nature of using "props" when working with magic, and I came up with an analogy that amused me: Let's say your goal is romance, and you're going to achieve this by means of a home-cooked dinner and heartfelt serenade.  Either way, you'll need to buy all the ingredients for the dinner and the sheet music or karaoke tape for the serenade, so the bulk of the burden is on you and dependent on your resources.  But you'll get different results if you cook the dinner and sing the song yourself than you would if you were to ask one of your friends to cook and then sing the song yourself, or if you were to cook the meal yourself and ask one of your friends to sing, or if you were to outsource both tasks and spend your energy on plying your loved one with alcohol or chocolate. ;)  And you'd get different results within those options depending on which friend you asked - if you give two thinly cut steaks to my husband and another two to my POSSLQ, you'll get chicken-fried steak out of my husband and stir-fry out of my POSSLQ.
- DJRubberducky

Bella

What a great idea. Amethysts are so cool  - do you have a pic of that necklace? I'd like to see it.

One of my friends does something very similar. She and her cousins make necklaces designed to help bring certain things into the wearer's life. I have one called "Story Teller" that I wear when I'm writing, another called "Homeward Bound" that I wear when I'm traveling, etc. She recently made one as a gift for Demon Seed#3. It's called Suzi's Calcium and is designed to help DS3 rebuild the calcium in her system, especially her heart, after being so sick for so long.

Charlotte doesn't consider her jewelry to be charms, exactly. She thinks of them they way you seem to be doing here - as a way of attracting whatever it is the wearer wants or needs. She names each necklace and gives the new owner a list of the materials used, as well as a "reading" on that particular piece and what it's designed to do.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

That is so cool, for both of you.  A friend of mine got me a string of amethyst that was on a stretchy string and it broke while I was putting it on.  So I was able to save them all.  I haven't figured out what to do with them, yet.  I have a couple of focal beads, but that probably wouldn't work for a guy.  Even a really gay guy would have a hard time with what I have in mind.

Anyway, when I make a project, I usually just think happy thoughts, sort of thing.  Besides jewelry, I have also done some boxes.  I take one of those paper mache boxed you can get at Joanne's or Michael's and paint it.  One I did for a friend of mine, who was recently divorced and crashed into a major depression, I put some runes that represent protection, in a circle, which looks remarkably like a peace sign  :D I also put a sun and a moon.  One I did for my neice and I put paper, they used to call it decopoge(sp) but I didn't layer it.  For my mom I found one that was textured.  I painted it with acrylics, then watered down the beige color and went over it and it worked out really well, looked more like stone that way and covered the imperfections in the material.  I usually put a poem on the back, which is where I found out my penmanship is a bazillion times better with a brush than with a pen  :lol:

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Cain

Pope Eggs Benedict Arnold

Reading Prometheus Rising.  My brain is steaming.  Everything is magic.  Everything is not magic.  All is all.  All is nothing.

davznothere

I think hitler was more of an illusionist, which is a school of magic, and practiced by alot of people in politics ..... i heard a story about Crowley, never did bother to research it's validity but it's an interesting story none the less ..... and is along the same lines .....

Crowley was talking to a collegue about manipulation of energy and how to apply that to people on a large scale ..... so Crowley at the behest of his collegue explained by setting up a lecture and inviting his collegue to come listen ..... as the story goes Crowley spent 3 weeks working on this lecture, writing it re-writing it etc. ..... when he delivered the lecture the strangest thing occured ..... with an obvious split down the middle one half of the crowd burst into tears and the other side into hysterical laughing .....