News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Random Rant re: Religion

Started by Random Probability, March 17, 2006, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Probability

I never have anything actually interesting to say, so you can stop reading now.  I will only bore you with my tired little tirade.  This isn't funny.

Now, what I really came here to say.  Religion is wrong-headed and dangerous to mental health.  It also has absolutely no redeeming self-worth.  Don't start whining about charities and free loot hand-out programs.  There may be some religious nuts who do those things with their tax-free money, but it isn't like those are good things anyway.  That's another problem with human beings; they think that charities are good things.  They aren't.  Someone needs some shit they don't have so a bunch of guilt ridden loons get together and give it to the pathetic losers.  Yay, that's a good thing alright.  Uh-huh.... Blow it out your ass like the shit that it is.

First on the list of problems with religious thought is the way that religion inspired dogma is the root cause of a variety of dissociative disorders.  We see this problem every day in everyone we encounter.  Their church/temple/mosque inspired blinders prevent people from seeing things plainly and honestly.  They cling to their little world of make believe fairies and invisible pink unicorns like a crack whore sucking a dealer's dick.  They really don't need it, but it gets them what they think they need, so they ignore the fact that they fervently believe in the silliest shit any human mind has ever invented.  The holes in their thinking become strikingly obvious when they try to explain what they really believe in a rational manner.

Prayer is also big on my list of self-indulgent bullshit.  Just what in the fuck is prayer supposed to accomplish?  Who do they think they're kidding?  I imagine that people who pray for shit they need are like those bratty little kids you see at the store bugging their mother for things until she caves in.  Do they think their God(tm) is like that?  That if they just pester their dear and fluffy lord enough that he'll suddenly change his mind and do miracles for them?  And, yes, I've heard the self-deluded theory that when people pray they are really just affirming to themselves what their goals are, and then work towards them on a subconscious level.  What a steaming pile of fecal matter that theory is.  First, they wasted time talking to themselves about it, then they never actually get around to doing anything constructive.  Any well balanced individual will actively pursue whatever it is that they want instead of hoping someday to stumble into it by accident.  So prayer is for weak minded dumbshits who are too fucking lazy to simply work for what they want.

Religion is also a tool for oppression.  I should say "mostly a tool for oppression".  It can so seriously warp people's minds that they will mutilate and even murder their own children.  They will even kill themselves, if you can believe what you see on the news.  History is full of people who wanted nothing more than to kill other people for believing things differently than they.  Actually, now that I think about it, that is what all of history is.  Religious institutions care nothing for relieving human suffering.  They are in the business of creating more suffering. It is a sad testimony to the power of the Great Religious Mindfuck that people who truly care about human suffering are employed in the industry of subsidizing, fostering and generating more human suffering.  What else do you call it when hungry people are given food, yet not the means to feed themselves?  Oddly, several religious texts warn against exactly this sort of thing while the men who control those relgions routinely ignore it.

I have noticed a recurring theme among the most popular brand name religions.  Apparently there is this omnipotent, all-knowing sky god who is deeply, intimately interested in my sex life.  How very queer.  I should very much like to know why is it, exactly, that "he" should be so concerned.  Even the Good and Fluffy Lord has a rather spotty record when it comes to sexual matters.  From everything I have seen on the subject, the sexual prohibitions arise from the attempts by the religions to control every natural human impulse.  Everything spontaneous, creative, joyous and life-affirming is ruthlessly controlled by their draconian fist.  This attitude seems entirely out of place as doctrine for a creature who proclaims unconditional love for all of humanity.

Which brings me back to charities.  They do no good.  They do evil.  To paraphrase Morticia Addams, "I always give to the widows and orphans fund.  We need more...."  I think that sums up the reality of the matter, if not the intended spirit.  Charities vary rarely do good.  They are not empowering, they steal power.  They provide services to those who would not otherwise benefit from said services.  I don't see their lack of resources as a problem.  I'm sure it is difficult to live as a bum.  It should be.  In fact, much like stupidity, it should be lethal.  Of course stupidity isn't nearly as painful as it should be, but this isn't a perfect world.

Therefore all religions have no worth and are dangerous to human existence.  They foster suffering, disempower people, and subvert natural human impulses to the point that humans become cabbages utterly dependent on the religion for their most basic needs.  All thinking beings should do whatever they can to kill all religion and religous thought.

Cain

What about Liberation Theology etc?

Random Probability

Oh, so you mean like Jean-Bertrand Aristide?

B_M_W

Although not perfectly written, the concepts in this rant are $$.

Kudos for saying it how it is.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cain

Quote from: Random ProbabilityOh, so you mean like Jean-Bertrand Aristide?

I was thinking more the Brazilians priests who took it up, to be honest.  I don't disagree that religions influence has largely and overall been negative.  But its impossible to say that is a totality.

Random Probability

I take the contrary position that there are good people in spite of religion as opposed to because of religion.  That is to say, their religious organization is evil and controlling, but they can be good people at heart.  I feel that this is always the case.  If religion inspired people to improve themselves then Ghandi and Mother Theresa would be the rule, not the exception.

East Coast Hustle

Mother Teresa was an evil cunt.

ECH,
not kidding about this one
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Random Probability

Quote from: East Coast HustleMother Teresa was an evil cunt.

ECH,

This is correct.

(although I was speaking to the ideal as opposed to the reality.)

/me  Not thinking Ghandi was so hot either.

BTW, got any good dirt on the silly old twat?

B_M_W

Quote from: Random Probability
Quote from: East Coast HustleMother Teresa was an evil cunt.

ECH,

This is correct.

(although I was speaking to the ideal as opposed to the reality.)

/me  Not thinking Ghandi was so hot either.

BTW, got any good dirt on the silly old twat?

Read Exposing Mother Teresa. Or just google "Mother teresa was evil". You're sure to come up with something.  :wink:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Triple Zero

> Religion is also a tool for oppression.

agreed. but there's a difference between religion and spirituality.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

B_M_W

Quote from: triple zero> Religion is also a tool for oppression.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9486

Just sayin'.  8)

Triple Zero

why can't people say their things in nice tiny chunky bits .. wayyy too much text for me, my brains and the beers residing in it ..

i'll try ok :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

B_M_W

Quote from: triple zerowhy can't people say their things in nice tiny chunky bits .. wayyy too much text for me, my brains and the beers residing in it ..

i'll try ok :)

I was just making a comment that there was another thread going on with a similar topic that adresses the point you made.

Triple Zero

ok thanks i'll try to read it tomorrow when i'm sober then :)

Random Probability

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe
Quote from: triple zero> Religion is also a tool for oppression.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9486

Just sayin'.  8)

Not the same topic at all.  Zurtok makes the point that there may be more to the hallucenogenic "spirit world" (and by extension, humans as well) than science can quantify.

My original post was written in haste during my all-too-short lunch hour.  And yes, I would like to blame the awkward wording on the speed with which it was written, although it is more likely due the great anger I feel toward the evil that is organized religion.

mkay.. feeling a whole other rant coming on....