News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Chaos Magic

Started by Slarti, November 16, 2003, 01:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCMagic isn't real. Neither is the internet. Neither is Eris. And neither is anyone. In fact 'real' is just a collection of preconceptions glued together by spurious moral codes. Nothing about any of us human beings has anything to do with 'real' except for the fact that we eat, shit, breathe, and have sex. BFD!

You can say magic isn't real and is therefore a fantasy. But that is only because you never experienced it.

Bah!  Sophistry!

*whack!*

Stop that. Unless you use the Eris Bitchslap. And who the hell is Sophistry? And why was she not around, dancing with the heathen fire-dancers this past weekend?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Slarti

http://www.occultforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=13406

this thread reaffirmed my (oh, the irony) faith in chaos magick. i need to TRY HARDER. i am such a greyface.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCMagic isn't real. Neither is the internet. Neither is Eris. And neither is anyone. In fact 'real' is just a collection of preconceptions glued together by spurious moral codes. Nothing about any of us human beings has anything to do with 'real' except for the fact that we eat, shit, breathe, and have sex. BFD!

You can say magic isn't real and is therefore a fantasy. But that is only because you never experienced it.

Bah!  Sophistry!

*whack!*

Stop that. Unless you use the Eris Bitchslap. And who the hell is Sophistry? And why was she not around, dancing with the heathen fire-dancers this past weekend?

I'll do worse.  Bootsie Collins bitchslap:

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Slarti

chapelle's show is awesome, rev.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Bella

I was going through old emails today and happened across this letter from my aunt.
In this letter she is explaining to one of her clients how and why magic works.
I think it's quite beautiful.

"Spells are but thoughts given substance. Spells and thoughts,  once cast, have a shape, a form, and a definite pattern in astral lights and shadows, the vision few people touch upon save in their deepest of dreams.

And if those thoughts accompany certain sounds, an attunement with nature may occur. And if that attunement finds purchase, if it corresponds in time and space with the correct sorts of materials or right patterns of energy, the powers of nature itself may be unlocked. Not sound nor neither shape nor thought alone will suffice. All components are required for the complete spell or whole idea.

Even a clever soul, taught by another clever soul already well versed in magic, might take years of study and practice and merely begin to get it right.

Success burns its pathway into the target's brain (whether your own or the brain of another), making a home for the proper thought of the intended correct action, establishing the proper effect, giving the brain a clear image - works - for it has worked - it does work - and the certainty that it will work again is not to be underestimated.

The more fearful the projected image to the subject, the stronger the effect. (I will not go this far,) but that is another story.

Magic is a fundamental part of a macrocosm of grandeur and majesty beyond the realm of complete understanding. It's intricacies, it's archetype, it's true shape, it's true sound, and it's true thought. If all this is simultaneously held in the mind, it's success is assured. And know that it exists, then and there in time and space, it potentially does things - magical things - interplanar things - if only allowed to do them.

E.M."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Magic is...............

heh.

pfft.

BOO!

Iron Sulfide

magick is just a willed manefestation of maya.

at least, from a buddhist perspective.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Rupert Giles

My magical system.

Well, let's say I was a bit disappointed with reality.

Anyone read the Dragonlance Series of Novels?

Well, me and a good friend of mine, named Josh, have named ourself members of the Coucil of High Sorcery.  I am head of the White Robes, he's head of the Red Robes, and I am the current Head of the Council.

I regularly cast spells by invoking the name of Solinari, and the magic is working for me.  Which leads me to believe Wies and Hickman are prophets.

I nominate them for canonization.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Saint*Bastardmagick is just a willed manefestation of maya.

at least, from a buddhist perspective.

Maya? Have you seen her?

She owes me a carton of cigarettes.

Rupert Giles

Yeah, and she left watermarks on all my CGI movies I made.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Cain

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

LMNO

Cramulus

Quote from: Horab Fibslager on November 16, 2003, 01:23:45 AM
well alot of crowley is a different sorta occultism altogether, that's what i meant by dying misunderstood.

no one ever got the secret message.

cahos magic is essentially concious behavioural change. it's doen everyday in teh offices of psycho-therapists and drug rehab centers.

basically it is changing one's own attitudes, thought processes, habits, et al, conciously.

leary wrote some good material on it, but was also a victim of it, as are msot futurist writers(the RAW's and whatnot)(tho the futrusits go off in different tangent at soem point and become media machines and slaves to the method).

take for intance the follwoing:

a young man who is froma middle class neighborhood looks at all the black kids from teh hood who are the cool kids. they get all teh honey's and everyone wants to be liek them. so does he. he adapts their method of dress, method of speech, habits, behaviours. it's a concious change.

he is no longer who he once was, he is a shell of what the kids he wants to be like.

that's a perfect example of proper chaos magic.

the yuppified version, often propagated by the above mentioned futurists, new age nuts and wiccans is to cghange your attitudes and beliefs and behaviours to suit the moment(tho i'm wording that badly)

example: if one day you feel like you don't want to be married any more , you get a divorce. you decide you like being married the next day, you find new partner. you don't like your job of 10 years? quit it a find a new vocation. don;t like the way you look? get plastic surgery and lok like someone else.

basically it's gratifying the base needs, the most current whim.

there's mroe to it than that, and i'm arguing rather oen sidedly against it's use. in reality it's something used everyday, all the time, often with positive results.

do you have  a link?

:cramstipated: