News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Chaos Magic

Started by Slarti, November 16, 2003, 01:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

umm, giant robots of d00m! :D
Hell is other people.

Malaul

hurray for doom toys
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Slarti

chaos magick is frustrating.

i've tried sigilization, that doesn't work. i've tried the exercises from Liber MMMbut i can't do anything from that, such as not thinking, object concentration, magical trances, etc.

i've read ALL of the websites, but that just makes me an "armchair wizard", since i can't actually DO anything.

:?  :(  :?  :(  :?  :cry:  :?  :o  :cry:  :roll:

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: The Prismatic Vroomfondelchaos magick is frustrating.

i've tried sigilization, that doesn't work. i've tried the exercises from Liber MMMbut i can't do anything from that, such as not thinking, object concentration, magical trances, etc.

i've read ALL of the websites, but that just makes me an "armchair wizard", since i can't actually DO anything.

that's because those guys are using hteir magic to try and get you to buy their books.

there is no doing that you haven't done before. magick is purely behaviourial, and has no power outside of a social/communicative context.

the reasons you give above(or results) are why i condmen so called magic as bullshit for people with too much money, too much time and too little imagination.
Hell is other people.

Malaul

My take  is this

follow your own idea
they are just out for cash
you gotta do what works for you

that book you read is just a money sigil for them, you grok?

Make your own book
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Horab Fibslager

also symbolism lsot much of the power when the nazis fell....
Hell is other people.

Slarti

very good points guys, thanks.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Malaul The Caffeinatrixx

My take  is this

follow your own idea
they are just out for cash
you gotta do what works for you

that book you read is just a money sigil for them, you grok?

Make your own book

Liber MMM is offered for free and so is sigil magic and many other chaos magic things. So, if you have problems with that...you don't need to buy anything. Ask me, or any other practitioner, and I or them will be more than willing to help.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

riff

It takes time, you won't get results right off the bat.  Start off with simple, inconsequential stuff.  lots of it.  You've gotta build up your confidence gradually, and after that comes results, also gradually.

this isn't a light switch you're turning on here.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Riff

It takes time, you won't get results right off the bat.  Start off with simple, inconsequential stuff.  lots of it.  You've gotta build up your confidence gradually, and after that comes results, also gradually.

this isn't a light switch you're turning on here.

What Riff said.

And remember to turn on your pineal gland. It's controled by the third switch down from the 23rd toggle on the wall to the left of that red rubbish bin.

Rev Thwack

You know, I never bothered trying to study up on it anywhere before. I had never let go of that childhood belief that anything is possible, so I already knew that I could do magic, all I needed was to figure out what it was that I was trying to do, and to figure out the way to get it done. Once you get to where you can feel the different energies that flow around and you learn how to start to influence them thru just concentration, you don't have to worry about any mumbo-jumbo speeches or burning of shit... It wasn't until later that I was already firmly planted in my ways of doing it that I started reading up on other pratices and realized that I was following a chaos magic path and that the whole reason any form of magic uses rituals and such is to try and trick the mind into forgetting the fact that it had been programed to know that what you were trying to do is impossible. No matter what type of magic you practice, it's not going to work unless you absolutly know, not believe, that what you are doing is going to work.

Just my $0.05 canadian.
My balls itch...

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It also helps to at least chat with some other practitioners you feel you can trust about your experiences. But failing to find those, you can always just keep practicing and record your experiences in anotebook.

fullmooner

Best thing for sigilization.......look up base voodoo. Use an idol of some kind for your casting, and simply ask the universe to do what needs to be done. You may not get what you want, but you will get what is NEEDED. The perks of Chaos Magick.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: fullmoonerBest thing for sigilization.......look up base voodoo. Use an idol of some kind for your casting, and simply ask the universe to do what needs to be done. You may not get what you want, but you will get what is NEEDED. The perks of Chaos Magick.

That's it in a nutshell. Good words.

Pope Lucifer KSC

Spell for very interesting and catastrophic romances:

1- Smoke pot, or not
2- Drink licor, or not
3- Smoke tobacco, or not
4- Turn yourself into Me
5- Develop infatuations with members of the opposite sex at first sight, even if it means just watching them walk down the street in a country where you've never been before and never intend to be in.

Remember to make sure that you really pursue these people as though they were Our Lady's Golden Apple and I assure you that you'll get everything from sisters one of which your closest friends is madly in Love weith aend boeth oev whoem haev a theing foer you oer a really beautiful fnord who also happens to be the incarnation of Goddess... *sniff* *sniff*
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some despair I'm supposed to be wallowing in. :(
"If life deals you a bad hand...cheat"
-Great Teacher Onizuka