News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

comparing 'holy' books

Started by LHX, April 30, 2006, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

Quote from: CainNever.  I got a Gideon one lying around the place...stupid Christian Union...

You should start gathering them and using them for firewood. Putting them to good use for once.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Wolfpoet

The Inquisition and Hitler burned books they didn't like.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

B_M_W

Quote from: WolfpoetThe Inquisition and Hitler burned books they didn't like.

Im not saying to get rid of all of them. Im just saying they're laying around uselessly. So lets use them. For firewood.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Wolfpoet

i would never burna  book, knowledge is important. Even if you don't agree with it.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

B_M_W

Quote from: Wolfpoeti would never burna  book, knowledge is important. Even if you don't agree with it.

Considering that its all on the net, countless times, I think that publishing more copies of it is rediculous. Besides, who reads the Gideon besides the Gideons anyway?

When it comes right down to it, what do you do with something you have multiple copies of? You give it to someone else right? Well, what if everyone's already read it and/or have a copy? I guess you throw it away, recycle it or burn it. Im just saying they should be put to use.

LHX

Quote from: Wolfpoeti would never burna  book, knowledge is important. Even if you don't agree with it.

is it knowledge or information

knowledge is important

information

not so much

deleting websites is the same as burning books
neat hell

B_M_W

Quotedeleting websites is the same as burning books

Yes. The only difference: Physical or Digital?

Scribbly

So... taking down forums, is that like genocide?  :lol:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

LHX

Quote from: Kai WrenSo... taking down forums, is that like genocide?  :lol:

crimes against humanity
neat hell

East Coast Hustle

ermm....

I was just following orders.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Well...FC and YTMND are crimes against humanity...

B_M_W

Quote from: East Coast Hustle

ermm....

:potd:

Cain

The Zend Avesta will pwn all your faggy, so-called 'religious' texts.

LMNO

Lies

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on May 09, 2006, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle
Quote from: Kai WrenSo... taking down forums, is that like genocide?  :lol:

ermm....

:potd:

ERRR... WTF?
I thought I posted that as potd??
Am I finally losing it?

:?
:x
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!