News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

LHX - short circuits - part 22 - a messy situation

Started by LHX, May 08, 2006, 01:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

'they thirst for knowledge
i teach but hold heat
'cause some savage niggas are lost beyond reach'

- masta killa - high price small reward

there is a segment of the population of this planet that has stopped learning

there is also a segment of the population of this planet that has lost the capacity to learn

what have these people become?

it has been established over and over again that our way of life has become suicidal on the large scale
and tho there are some who are able to change and are on the look out to change their ways

it is becoming frightfully apparent that there does exist some form of being that is - at this point -
unable to change its ways

what does this imply?

im not sure really

years and decades and centuries of moving in a particular direction
and
at the culmination of it
we have these 'living' things that are able to take from the earth
use these materials
and in the process
create by-products that we cannot use

we call it pollution
toxicity

it takes many forms
and it is increasing rapidly

and it is putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on the things that try to stay alive on this planet

are we witnessing some kind of separation occurring?

an identifiable type of separation?

do we know what one of 'them' looks like?

a wide-eyed blank stare?
the type that is able to shuffle along?
the type that is able to perk their ears up to take an order?

some of us 'love' some of these beings
which brings to light the messiness of the situation -

do 'us' and 'them' have a future together?

to say no
implies some drama

some might suggest tragedy

i dont even think i want to continue this rant
neat hell

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Wolfpoet

I've discussed something similar with friends.

It seems to me that a growing percentage of the Human race have stopped evolving.

Where a normal creature would adapt and change to it's enviroment, Humanity merely adapts and changes the enviroment itself. This breeds a certain cycle.

It would seem common sense for a person to evlove and adapt to a rapidly changing and hostile enviroment. The only real conclusion is somewhere down the line much of the Human race would become extinct due to it's own inability to adapt.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

the other anonymous

Quote from: WolfpoetWhere a normal creature would adapt and change to it's enviroment, Humanity merely adapts and changes the enviroment itself. This breeds a certain cycle.

Um, human's don't "evolve" per se. What happens is we mutate via genetic recombinatorics and random errors.

As for adapting to new environments, what happens is: those that randomly mutated in a manner that gives them a chance at survival will tend to survive, whereas those that didn't mutate, die.

So, what we need to do is find a few mutants who are good at adapting the new environment to suit their needs.

In other words, politicians who aren't afraid to enslave others to do all the dirty work neccessary to rebuild civilization after the Oil Crash, and a shit load of people who have a wide-eyed blank stare, are able to shuffle along, and are able to perk their ears up to take an order from the slave master.

That's why I think the immigrants should be allowed to stay. Enslaving white people doesn't sit well with me. ;)

Cain

You might want to look into the concept of extelligence.  In many ways, that is our evolution, apart from the more obvious genetic mutation types.

Triple Zero

that which does not change can be considered "environment", and the true living world around it evolves to fit
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LHX

would anybody agree if i said that one way or another
it would be wise to put cabbages to use?

or give them something to do that isnt self-destructive

not that i have any ideas about how this is possible
neat hell

AFK

Yes, I would agree.

Less cabbages in power.
That is, less in meaningful power that affects multitudes of people.

But we also don't want to relegate them into poverty or the lower class either economically or socially.  Because, we don't want to win with their tactics do we?  

That, it would seem, would be a somewhat tainted victory.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LHX

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?Yes, I would agree.

Less cabbages in power.
That is, less in meaningful power that affects multitudes of people.

But we also don't want to relegate them into poverty or the lower class either economically or socially.  Because, we don't want to win with their tactics do we?  

That, it would seem, would be a somewhat tainted victory.

HELLS NAW

i dont want to see nobody or nothing in poverty

this suffering shit gots to go
neat hell

LMNO

LHX

Quote from: LMNOThat's gonna piss off the buddhists...

baaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they can cut themselves when nobody looking
neat hell

Wolfpoet

Gonna alienate the catholics, they sulk if you don't throw a martyr onto the fire every few decades.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNOThat's gonna piss off the buddhists...

Not as far as I know...
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cramulus

Ba-BUMP

In adding graphics to the BIP wiki today I took another detailed read of this passage.

Something about it doesn't sit well with me: the us vs them mentality. Something about 'dehumanizing the opposition'. Very unsettling.

To me, the main point of the passage is that there are two sects of humans which are becoming more and more visible as time goes on. Neophiles and Neophobes.

The passage suggests that they are separate factions, unable to get along. Perhaps it says we neophiles should consider retreating from this insanity. It's sort of a hopeless tone.

I'd like to suggest a revision. Perhaps this could be moved in a more constructive direction.

• The subgenius point of view would suggest that we neophiles should take advantage of our creativity and leadership. Use these sheep for our purposes.
  • The traditional Discordian point of view, I think, would encourage us to wake them up and help bring them over to our side. Give them a taste of the AUM in the OJ and all that (to reference Illuminatus).
  • If anything I reccommend sympathy for the greyfaced masses. I find it really sad that everyone's all glum and straightfaced all the time. The sad thing is that many people choose to be that way, and it's not really an irrational decision. There are lucrative rewards for conformity and very few punishments. But if we continue Toxicity's line of thinking, we end up fighting them, and I think that's a losing fight.

The irony is that retreating from neophobes might be a totally rational decision too. But succumbing to these things is part of the Black Iron Prison, isn't it?

I want to hear some other people's thoughts on this. Does this passage strike anyone else as really depressing?

I want to note that it's so effectively depressing because it's so well written.

I wasn't around last May when this was originally written. Ergo, I'm afraid to modify our "holy text lol" without some sort of consensus.

LMNO

My thinking is that it expresses a dichotomy that doesn't exist.

We are all both Neophiles and Neophobes.

Some try to push the balance towards one direction or another, but no one is completely one or the other.  Or if they are, they don't live very long.

To bring back another old idea, we are all Greyface, to some extent.  We have to recognize our own personal neophobia without rationalizing it, just as we have to see the bars of our prison.