Started by Cain, May 09, 2006, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Michal

Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Idem

Oh, that's a really good list.  Thanks for the find.

AJAtheMetastasis

"A virtual treasure trove of discordian wisdom...kudos!"   :mrgreen:
You disbelieve in Ghosts and God - because you have not seen them? What! You have never seen the mocking ghosts of your beliefs? - the Laughing Bedlam of your humility or Mammon - your grotesque Ideas of "Self"? Yea, your very faculties and your most courageous Lies are Gods! Who is the slayer of your Gods - but a God!

Austin Osman Spare

Sweety

Very much appreciated! :) I myself have only read the principia itself, and that was years ago...am looking forward to digging into this stuff....
(I'm a tiny girl.)²

Elentari

Can I suggest two books related to the field?  The Illuminatus Trilogy and The Illuminati Papers.  While not exactly _about_ Discordia, they have interesting references and can be fun reads :)

East Coast Hustle

no, you can NOT suggest some more of RAW's lame-ass hippie shitfest books.

Christ, if you wanna throw your money away on something that you obviously don't get (as evidenced  by your willingness to throw your money away on it), at least get the BOTSG or Revelation X or something slightly less puerile.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 22, 2006, 02:59:46 PM
no, you can NOT suggest some more of RAW's lame-ass hippie shitfest books.

Christ, if you wanna throw your money away on something that you obviously don't get (as evidenced  by your willingness to throw your money away on it), at least get the BOTSG or Revelation X or something slightly less puerile.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prickly

RAW is useful as an outreach tool, even if he is a goddamn hippie.

GODDAMN HIPPIE!
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

Cain

Quote from: Prickly on September 25, 2006, 08:57:13 PM
RAW is useful as an outreach tool, even if he is a goddamn hippie.

GODDAMN HIPPIE!

The operative word in that sentence being "tool". 8-)  Besides, I'm only adding free books.  Screw anyone who wants to pay for shit.

Cain,
steals his food and lives in an abandoned house.

Prickly

Yeah, I was loaned Illuminatus, most of what I've read of his I've either borrowed or bought used, and what I bought new I've loaned out to plenty of people to prevent them from giving him too much money.
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

hooplala

What exactly is it about RAW that pisses you off so much?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

From what I can gather, it's his "I have no real ending so I'll make all the characters drop acid and then do a Burroughs/Joyce-style cut up that's supposeed to be deep but is just really annoying" style.

He's a better philosopher than fiction writer, admit it.

Jasper

So he wrote a good book with a shit ending.

He's still neccesary reading.