News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

List of Discordian books

Started by Cain, May 09, 2006, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

meh. I agree that RAW did some valuable things, and maybe I'll even agree that Illuminatus! is required reading at a very early point in one's attempt to break out of Prison(tm), but that doesn't mean that I want to hear about it or discuss it. I mean, when your kid finally figures out how to add and subtract, you'd be proud of him, but you wouldn't go take his equations around to all your friends and co-workers and say "see? this is addition. see how he adds 3 and 6 to get 9? notice how adding 6 and 3 ALSO gets you 9? crazy, huh?"

just saying.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Fair enough . . . I was just getting the impression that some people wish he'd never written anything at all, which seemed odd.

And I agree with you, LMNO.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

That's the thing though.  It's subject material that, though very basic one is expected to know. 

It is however, a bit elementary and moot to me.

East Coast Hustle

I think it probably serves as a useful introduction to people who haven't been exposed to the concept before, or for people like me who were previously unaware that their condition has a name.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

We have a concord.

Us Discordians do not eat baby food.

hooplala

You should keep in mind, though, that n00bs coming in who want to discuss those works could have new insight to the old material that you yourself don't have.

It does happen, occasionally.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

me too. but history is against the n00bs in this one.

Cain

I shall voice my objections to RAW in the form of a rant.

It was originally to be a haiku, but it was going the way of a Greek Epic in length...

Edit: Once my finger has healed up

Messier Undertree

Hey, thanks for those links. I had only ever read the Principia Discordia... I've got a lot of catching up to do it seems.

Cain

Thanks, no problem.  Yeah.  Alot of these are fairly recent.  I suggest you read in this rough chronological order:

The Summa
The Apocrypha
The Zenarchist CookBook
The Book of Eris

The Metaclysmia Discordia
The Wise Book of Baloney
The Apotheosis Psychoerotica
The Principia Entropius

Memoirs of a Daydreamer
The Jonesboria Discordia
A Pocket full of Chaos

You'll also notice at least 3 of these books have bits from people on here (actually there are four, but one is for guessing).

LMNO

What about the Black Iron Prison, and The Machine,Ñ¢?

LMNO
-tooting own horn.

Cain

I had them more down as leaflets.   Big leaflets, but still leaflets.

Oh, alright then.

Go to www.poee.co.uk and in the downloads section you'll find what you need.

Elentari

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 22, 2006, 02:59:46 PM
no, you can NOT suggest some more of RAW's lame-ass hippie shitfest books.

Christ, if you wanna throw your money away on something that you obviously don't get (as evidenced  by your willingness to throw your money away on it), at least get the BOTSG or Revelation X or something slightly less puerile.

you made me cry :(

and thanks for the warm welcome

Cain

He was having a rough day.  Welcome back.